+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
I got my COPR today.
An officer called me to ask about a few questions to finalize my application and verify that I was, in fact, in Canada.
My application was update a few minutes and he also sent me the COPR letter through email.
Details:
AOR Feb 25
Biometrics: Oct 16
COPR: Oct 29

Hang in there, it's taking longer than we expected, but it's coming to all of you.
Congratulations, after a long wait you finally got it. Can you please share what kind of questions did officer ask you, if you dont mind

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Our AOR Date is 2nd August, CEC inland.
My partner received the Bio call a while ago and booked for 9th Nov at SC, parkway mall in Mississauga. When I asked bout mine, she said, she can't find the name and may be other agent has it with them.
Hi @Cannnada,

You know today when my friend did her Bio, they asked me if I'm doing it too, even though my name wasn't on the list.
If you are not exempt (done biometrics before - last 10 years) and you will not receive a separate appointment, then go with your partner and say that you guys have the same Application Number (you together).

Reactions: ForUs2020

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Hi @Cannnada,

You know today when my friend did her Bio, they asked me if I'm doing it too, even though my name wasn't on the list.
If you are not exempt (done biometrics before - last 10 years) and you will not receive a separate appointment, then go with your partner and say that you guys have the same Application Number (you together).
I tried that in this very office, they said they cannot take mine without appointment

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi @Cannnada,

Hi @ibh
No, I'm not exempt. In fact I asked the agent if I can join my partner, she said wait for the call. I remember another member posting about visiting along with their partner and Sc acccepted them. If I dont get call I will tag along. Thanks

pjsandhu

Oct 28, 2020
my husband got call yesterday for biometric as he is dependent Nd I am primary applicant... so I am also going with him on appointment day...

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GSNBhzTJpURznhFGKUjvWfqtvbSktSsczs1f8TrcrrE/edit#gid=0
seems like they are calling randomly because in this excel file in Kitchener area people with June July AOR getting call and guys from Brampton, Brantford and Guelph are getting appointment in Kitchener.
no one is updating this anymore, i think they have covered almost 70 to 80% of the people. So the pending guys will be done soon now. Lot of my friends have given biometrics and they are not even aware of this sheet or these forums lol.

• Haha
Reactions: ibh

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
and brampton center is working over time. They start at 8 AM and doing till it 7 or even 8 PM in the evening. Easily 50 - 70 people a day! They are even catering people from nearby towns. Taking on the load fully. :)

• Love
Reactions: RB36 and ibh

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
no one is updating this anymore, i think they have covered almost 70 to 80% of the people. So the pending guys will be done soon now. Lot of my friends have given biometrics and they are not even aware of this sheet or these forums lol.
The spreadsheet is just a small sample of the people waiting to do biometrics.And gives a rough idea of the coverage in each province.

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for being so patient and helpful with the questions you all answer and the information you share.

So, I have received the "Final Decision" approval today, below is my timeline if it helps someone.

AOR - 6th March, 2020
BIL - 12th March, 2020
Biometric Call Received on - 20th October, 2020
Biometric Appointment Booked on - 23rd October, 2020 (at Ottawa)
Biometric Updated on Profile on - 23rd October, 2020
Background Check Completed on - 23rd October, 2020
Final Decision on - 27th October, 2020
CoPR - Awaiting

It has been a LONG wait with the circumstances that we are in due to COVID but I am grateful thinking that the patience paid off.

For those who are still waiting don't loose hope, good things will happen.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks!
Quick Update to the above timeline

Received the CoPR Today
- 29th, October, 2020

Tanker

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
I got my COPR today.
An officer called me to ask about a few questions to finalize my application and verify that I was, in fact, in Canada.
My application was update a few minutes and he also sent me the COPR letter through email.
Details:
AOR Feb 25
Biometrics: Oct 16
COPR: Oct 29

Hang in there, it's taking longer than we expected, but it's coming to all of you.
Can you please share what number do they call you before COPR? Unknown or private number?