+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

modehjk

Oct 16, 2019
I live in interior BC near Kelowna. My spouse just got a call from SC and booked her appointment for tomorrow morning at Kelowna passport office. (I am exempted with prior bio)
It seems that Kelowna office just opened for bio and we are the first ones who belong to this region.
AOR April 24 BIL June 16 postal code V1T CEC Inland with dependents

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Shiva91

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I have received Biometric Instructions Letter in my PR profile with a deadline of 3 months. problem is all Service Canada offices are closed at the moment and when I tried to reach them by phone they said Service Canada is going to give them a call once they start opening the centers. So Essentially we cant do anything but to wait.
Does anyone know of any other procedure to get the Biometric done?
If you read through this forum, you can see that a lot of folks who received BIL in May, June period are still waiting for the Biometrics appt. You will receive a call from Service Canada to book an appt. The 3 month deadline is not applicable anymore due to Covid delays. So far, they have been calling randomly.

Also if you have already given biometrics within the past 10 years for any other application (Work Permit, Study Permit, etc), you will be exempted as per current guideline.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: yyzstudent

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for being so patient and helpful with the questions you all answer and the information you share.

So, I have received the "Final Decision" approval today, below is my timeline if it helps someone.

AOR - 6th March, 2020
BIL - 12th March, 2020
Biometric Call Received on - 20th October, 2020
Biometric Appointment Booked on - 23rd October, 2020 (at Ottawa)
Biometric Updated on Profile on - 23rd October, 2020
Background Check Completed on - 23rd October, 2020
Final Decision on - 27th October, 2020
CoPR - Awaiting

It has been a LONG wait with the circumstances that we are in due to COVID but I am grateful thinking that the patience paid off.

For those who are still waiting don't loose hope, good things will happen.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks!

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for being so patient and helpful with the questions you all answer and the information you share.

So, I have received the "Final Decision" approval today, below is my timeline if it helps someone.

AOR - 6th March, 2020
BIL - 12th March, 2020
CoPR - Awaiting

It has been a LONG wait with the circumstances that we are in due to COVID but I am grateful thinking that the patience paid off.

Thanks!
Congrats!
How have you received the "final decision"? is it an email?

Reactions: Shiva91

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
Congrats!
How have you received the "final decision"? is it an email?
My application is being handled by my lawyer, they informed me that when they checked my application's status on the website today it was approved and they shared the status with me as a PDF copy of that page

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020

AOR - 6th March, 2020
BIL - 12th March, 2020
CoPR - Awaiting

Thanks!
Congratulations
May I know your work permit expiry date? Maybe there is some pattern by which IRCC is approving applications.
Thank you

Saifi94

Feb 7, 2020
Hey Guys, I am CEC applicant from Winnipeg, MB

AOR: MARCH 5
BIOMETRICS COMPLETED: OCT 14
COPR: TODAY OCT 27th

Finally here! Hang in there guys... People done with Biometrics... COPR is coming.... mine took exactly 2 weeks.. Good Luck all & thank you for sharing knowledge!

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Hey Guys, I am CEC applicant from Winnipeg, MB

AOR: MARCH 5
BIOMETRICS COMPLETED: OCT 14
COPR: TODAY OCT 27th

Finally here! Hang in there guys... People done with Biometrics... COPR is coming.... mine took exactly 2 weeks.. Good Luck all & thank you for sharing knowledge!
Congrats @Saifi94
Can you tell your work permit expiration date?
AsI have completed my biometrics on 7th and yet toCOPR.
Thank you in advance.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
I don't remember the exact date or month of my Work Permit expiry but it is Aug or Oct 2022
Awesome
I can tell there is no sequence or pattern whatsoever as my wp expiry is Aug 2021 (doubt cleared)
Thanks for sharing and best of luck for future
All Ican do is wait and watch..
Thanks for prompt reply

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Guys a quick question during biometrics do they take your photo as well?

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Do they use the same photo for the pr card or we will have to send new photos for pr card after copr ?
Hi, they don't use the same photo from Biometrics for the PR card.
When approved (this is what I found out from all of these forums here), you will receive instructions to send a copy of that "Letter" or copy of COPR with a photo. At the back of that photo should be stamped date and location and you also have to write your name and date of birth.
Don't worry, the instruction letter you will receive will have full details of what to send, how to send, how many and where.

Reactions: Invincible84