+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
After the biometrics are provided, they have to be updated in your profile and the criminality has to be marked passed. It you see the biometrics updated in your profile, then they may not yet have been evaluated for the criminality.

You can send a webform and enquire.
Thanks
The biometrics updated in the profile on same day.
I also confirmed the same with call centre agent.
Do you think security can be passed before criminality?
As my security was passed but not criminality?

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Thanks
Yes. Even my security had passed but not criminality because biometrics were pending. I am still waiting for SC to call me.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks

If the only reason why your criminality was pending was biometrics, your security could surely have been initiated and even passed.

The immigration law does not have a mandated chronology they have to follow. However, there is a logic to the stages and the sequence they go in, which I discussed in my previous post, reposting it here:

As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act there is no mandated chronology for the stages. However, logically there flow as:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

The reason being that at R10, it is an applicant's absolute responsibility to file a completed application. If the application is incomplete without explanation, it will be rejected. This is why R10 is the first step followed by criminality which is based largely on PCC and internal checks, and medicals. Since eligibility is the most time consuming stage, where each document is individually verified, if an application is inadmissible for completeness, criminality or medicals there is no point to initiate eligibility.

Finally security is the last stage, which can involve CBSA / CSIS and other agencies, it is the final step.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
If the only reason why your criminality was pending was biometrics, your security could surely have been initiated and even passed.

The immigration law does not have a mandated chronology they have to follow. However, there is a logic to the stages and the sequence they go in, which I discussed in my previous post, reposting it here:
Awesome.
Yes this makes sense that my criminality might be pending because of biometrics.
Now, Is criminality also a very time consuming process once security and eligibility are already cleared?
There are so many feb applicants waiting for this stage to clear.
If not then what could be the reason?
Also @legalfalcon you are amazing for helping everyone here..

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

I gave my biom. today. I received a call for 2 members of my family (we are 3). Agents at SC were kind, we were able to give biom. for all of us.

Reactions: Aman Boparai

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Awesome.
Yes this makes sense that my criminality might be pending because of biometrics.
Now, Is criminality also a very time consuming process once security and eligibility are already cleared?
There are so many feb applicants waiting for this stage to clear.
If not then what could be the reason?
Also @legalfalcon you are amazing for helping everyone here..
The criminality is a fairly quick process and is only based on the PCC and IRCC internal FOSS check, unless you have criminal conviction or have filed for rehabilitation. As a part of criminality the biometrics are used to run the scans, so it does not take much time.

If you have provided your biometric, then you need not worry, and especially if all other stages are passed, you are almost there.

Most of the delays are purely administrative where no one has worked on the file.

Reactions: sukhbirring

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
The criminality is a fairly quick process and is only based on the PCC and IRCC internal FOSS check, unless you have criminal conviction or have filed for rehabilitation. As a part of criminality the biometrics are used to run the scans, so it does not take much time.

If you have provided your biometric, then you need not worry, and especially if all other stages are passed, you are almost there.

Most of the delays are purely administrative where no one has worked on the file.
@legalfalcon I am an INLAND PR applicant with a dependent who is in India. Do you think SC will call me for biometrics or is my PR application on hold. I have a JAN 10 AOR and I have still not received a call from Service Canada. I am in Surrey.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
@legalfalcon I am an INLAND PR applicant with a dependent who is in India. Do you think SC will call me for biometrics or is my PR application on hold. I have a JAN 10 AOR and I have still not received a call from Service Canada. I am in Surrey.
Wow Jan applicants waiting for biometric call but as late as June or even later AORs have got calls in some cases.
Their call prioritizing is out of imagination.
I wish you luck for call as it was frustrating for me when I was in the same phase of sc golden call lottery scheme.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020

Yes that’s what I thought, as of no criminal history and it is admin delay.
I hope to hear good news in upcoming weeks and am sure all Jan/feb applicants might receive their coprs very soon.
This wait will end soon.

Reactions: legalfalcon