+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

vandana099

Oct 9, 2020
Hey! When you receive COPR what’s the next stage? You have to send off your passport?
Hello ,
I am in the same boat as you. you told that you gave biometrics 4 years back but there was no such rule at that time. I came to Canada in 2017 august on a study permit but no biometrics was done.

In my case:
AOR 15 july
BIL 4 September
Spouse: biometrics already done this year at the time of work permit renewal.
I didn't get any calls for biometrics.

Could you please help with the information.

ru88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Finally received the call from Waterloo- Kitchener area
AOR: May 4th
BIL: June 25th
Appointment: Oct 16th
Call come from Toronto with a number ( that is weird)
No ask any question just confirm your name, location, health situation and ask wear mask.
Same in K-W area. The call has number too. The officer gave me an application number which is different from my EE application number. Is it normal?

vmdn

May 1, 2016
I got called to, I choice Victoria Street. But I have doubts about the address. It is 74 Victoria Street, but I didn't get the number off room, Do you know?
Maybe it’s the ground floor? It’s the passport Canada office and there’s no room number on google.

vmdn

May 1, 2016
Same in K-W area. The call has number too. The officer gave me an application number which is different from my EE application number. Is it normal?
Also got a call today.
AOR June 8th.

We scheduled for my husband and I, but my teenager daughter was not on the list, even though she also received a request.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Ontario just announced Covid-19 restrictions for Toronto,Ottawa and Peel Region. I wonder how that will further affect those of us still yet to do biometrics and the impact on the processing time of our applications.

Last edited:

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I called cic yesterday they said my representative's number is already expired on the file. They have only mine number active on the file right now. Will SC still call my representative for booking an appointment or they will call me??
Hi, what is the number you used to call IRCC?

Jan 17, 2018
From all that I am reading so far, what I deduce is that they are not calling on basis of AOR but on basis of SC area. I think that is the only organized filter for them and everything else is randomized. My AOR was March 21.

I live in Yonge and Eglinton so basically, it might be under SC downtown area and SC downtown is totally booked so maybe that is why they are not calling further for appointments in this area. They are calling people in other regions like Brampton, Kitchener as those SC might still be open and available than the SC downtown. So silly that such a big area of Toronto is served by 1 SC.

I might be completely wrong here but I've just been so intrigued about the logic driving the approach to this biometric chaos! The quest to understand this is even more than the wait for call itself!

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
From all that I am reading so far, what I deduce is that they are not calling on basis of AOR but on basis of SC area. I think that is the only organized filter for them and everything else is randomized. My AOR was March 21.

I live in Yonge and Eglinton so basically, it might be under SC downtown area and SC downtown is totally booked so maybe that is why they are not calling further for appointments in this area. They are calling people in other regions like Brampton, Kitchener as those SC might still be open and available than the SC downtown. So silly that such a big area of Toronto is served by 1 SC.

I might be completely wrong here but I've just been so intrigued about the logic driving the approach to this biometric chaos! The quest to understand this is even more than the wait for call itself!
I agree with you...I'm Feb AOR and living in Midtown Toronto too. Even June AORs in TO getting a call not me.
There must be a reason for that. At least, there are two SC location downtown now(College and victoria st) so finger crossed.
I just hope they didn't skip my case or there was any mistake.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I agree with you...I'm Feb AOR and living in Midtown Toronto too. Even June AORs in TO getting a call not me.
There must be a reason for that. At least, there are two SC location downtown now(College and victoria st) so finger crossed.
I just hope they didn't skip my case or there was any mistake.
Just to add. They’ve also opened the North York SC. So hoping that’ll increase the number of appointments.

Reactions: chunga

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020

I should change my statement. I just saw a post someone from Richmond hills AOR Apr,BIL Jun made an appointment DT.
Ok... it's not AOR nor Location. So... maybe there's no such clear rules. Just waiting... ha
Forget about it during long weekend and Happy Thanksgiving guys.

• Haha
Reactions: ibh

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I should change my statement. I just saw a post someone from Richmond hills AOR Apr,BIL Jun made an appointment DT.
Ok... it's not AOR nor Location. So... maybe there's no such clear rules. Just waiting... ha
Forget about it during long weekend and Happy Thanksgiving guys.
Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!