CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
This is such good news for many of you guys. Congrats to all! Does it make sense to amend the google doc tracker now?

It would be so good if IRCC would go one step further and allow those who still need to give biometrics to do so via the RCMP pcc. In any case, most inlanders are asked to provide an RCMP fingerprint-based pcc. I cannot understand why they can't simply ask RCMP to share these electronic fingerprints with whichever department runs the biometric check at IRCC. It's not like people's fingerprints change based on who does the check. Plus, all RCMPs are open and they can distribute caseloads in a covid-friendly manner instead of sending everyone to SC. It would be so easy for them to get rid of the backlog this way. But no, of course not, I am sure they will wait another 6 months before they come up with this exemption too. o_O
I completely agree. Inland have to give RCMP. Even my RCMP is done too! Hmmm

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Has anyone got a ghost update or MyCIC account has been updated with biometric waive option?

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html#eligible

Eligible applicants
Foreign nationals are exempt from the biometrics collection requirement whether inside or outside Canada if they have both

• a pending or new application for permanent residence
  • previously provided their biometrics within the 10-year period before the day on which they made the current permanent residence application
hi..so do i need to give biometric if i haven't given in the past?..i'm a cec inland applicant

sandywmf

Sep 22, 2020
For anyone who doesn't need to give the biometrics anymore, could you please kindly mark it as "not required" in the spreadsheet. Since there are still lots of people who don't have biometrics on file and need to provide biometrics(like me), we just want to see how many people left in the waitlist. Thanks.

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
I have given biometrics for visiting visa last year .. as per new update .. do I need to give it again for permenant residence

Reactions: Shiva91

Peterboardguy

Sep 16, 2019
I used to be an international student, I couldn't remember if I ever submitted biometrics information to IRCC for maybe study permit or work permit or whatever else. Did anyone have similar experience? Thanks.

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I used to be an international student, I couldn't remember if I ever submitted biometrics information to IRCC for maybe study permit or work permit or whatever else. Did anyone have similar experience? Thanks.
Yes, in a similar boat. You probably did not give your biometrics if you entered a very long time ago. But I think it also depends on your country. Some countries have needed biometrics before all countries became mandatory. I believe they changed the law only in Jan 2019. If you came with a study permit before that, you may not have given biometrics.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Reactions: indianstudent96