+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
He's right, folks.

Call the IRCC number: 1 888 242 2100. I just called.
Listen to the long automated message, wait a bit as they get through a few pieces of information regarding Lebanon, etc.
It says that Service Canada is calling in-Canada applicants to make biometric appointments, and that these calls are made in the order of when your application was received. Finally some good news after SO LONG!
Thanks for confirming, i also don't trust unless i verify but now for sure there will be some wait time of say few months

Reactions: alessainebuckley

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
I’m sure the bigger city hasn’t started accepting biometrics appointment. The delay is affecting all Service Canada locations across Canada. So please don’t take that long drive yet
Yeah, I am aware they have not started accepting applications at the moment. I contacted service Canada in the bigger city today. I was told to contact them back as soon as the biometric service resume so that they can give me information on what I need to do and also booking of appointment before I drive down to their office.

So, I have no choice other than to wait for now pending when service canada resume operation for biometrics .

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
Your only option is to book an appointment with one of the Service Canada location that offers biometric services whenever they resume operation. You can’t give biometrics at a police station, you have to take that trip no matter how far from your location it is.

About biometrics slowing down your application, you aren’t the only one, a lot of people in this forum are facing the same issue. I applied since mid March and the only thing delaying my app from getting approved is biometrics. IRCC will keep processing your application without biometrics. So take a seat, relax and enjoy the long ride.

How do you know IRCC will continue to process PR application pending when biometric resumes? any source?

If it is true, then, i would not worry much about the duration of my PR application. I was initially thinking they will pause all PR application because of biometric

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
How do you know IRCC will continue to process PR application pending when biometric resumes? any source?

If it is true, then, i would not worry much about the duration of my PR application. I was initially thinking they will pause all PR application because of biometric
I'm a March 7 AOR, March 13 BIL but couldn't give biometrics cause of SC closures. All done except biometrics for my file.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I'm a March 7 AOR, March 13 BIL but couldn't give biometrics cause of SC closures. All done except biometrics for my file.
According to the other thread, Service Canada is calling inland applicants (based on application date) to book appointments!

Reactions: Ajnim

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
According to the other thread, Service Canada is calling inland applicants (based on application date) to book appointments!
Yes that's right.. i just called Service Canada..yes that's what exactly i was told that they will call applicants individually in order to which the BIL has been sent. Lets wait now

Mzt2020

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Yes that's right.. i just called Service Canada..yes that's what exactly i was told that they will call applicants individually in order to which the BIL has been sent. Lets wait now
It is a great news indeed. Will they call based on the AOR or BIL date? My AOR is May 6th and my BIL date is June 29th.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I am aware they have not started accepting applications at the moment. I contacted service Canada in the bigger city today. I was told to contact them back as soon as the biometric service resume so that they can give me information on what I need to do and also booking of appointment before I drive down to their office.

So, I have no choice other than to wait for now pending when service canada resume operation for biometrics .
It is told that service Canada itself would call people & no appointment booking is available... please correct me if wrong

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
It is a great news indeed. Will they call based on the AOR or BIL date? My AOR is May 6th and my BIL date is June 29th.
If you call IRCC, you’ll here an automated message, it’s towards the end, after announcements on processing times, Lebanon assistance. It said that they will call applicants by the order of when applicants were received — so I guess it’s based on AOR.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
Guys if any one is getting calls, Please post the process, IRCC has clearly rejected calling them for the bio-metrics collection.

cicmagician

Star Member
Apr 20, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09/04/2020
AOR Received.
18/04/2020
Med's Done....
11/06/2020
I'm a Feb AOR so cautiously hoping I will have news this coming week to post
Also, don't forget to update myimmitracker web site accounts, if you haven't got one then get one so we can all track as well please

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hurray! !!!. I finally received a call from service Canada for my biometric appointment at 9 am Thursday
My Aor is Feb 10th.
Wow, that’s great news! I am happy for you.