+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

korn

May 5, 2020
Hi i just recently receive a letter for my biometrics. However the office of vfs/Vac is temporarily closed here. My question is once my biometrics is done and my work visa is approved i can now travel to canada? Im an essential worker. I will be working on a dairy farm in canada

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
Hi i just recently receive a letter for my biometrics. However the office of vfs/Vac is temporarily closed here. My question is once my biometrics is done and my work visa is approved i can now travel to canada? Im an essential worker. I will be working on a dairy farm in canada
Yes, as an essential worker you can still travel to Canada when you have your work permit and visa/eTA. You will still have to quarantine for 14 days when you get here.
Got the info here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exemptions

korn

May 5, 2020
Yes, as an essential worker you can still travel to Canada when you have your work permit and visa/eTA. You will still have to quarantine for 14 days when you get here.
Got the info here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exemptions

Thank you for the reply. I am currently here in New Zealand. Border is still lockdown here, going to move to alert level 2 next week. This will give us way to travel by air and land.

korn

May 5, 2020
Hi question again, my passport will expire on January 17,2022. The immigration Canada will grant us a 2 years work permit. Can I renew my passport in Canada? Will my work permit will be transferred to my new passport?

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
I'm not sure if you can renew your New Zealand passport in Canada - you'll have to check with New Zealand authorities. I was able to renew my Brazilian passport here last year.
Usually the work permit is only valid until the expiry date of your passport. You might need to apply for an extension after you get your new passport.

korn

May 5, 2020
I'm not sure if you can renew your New Zealand passport in Canada - you'll have to check with New Zealand authorities. I was able to renew my Brazilian passport here last year.
Usually the work permit is only valid until the expiry date of your passport. You might need to apply for an extension after you get your new passport.

So basically i can still get 2 years work permit? Because i account the months i got left on my passport. It would be 1 year and 6 months. Can i still get a 2 year work visa? Once i have renewed my passport in canada? By the way I'm not holding a new Zealand passport.