+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics waived

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Hello,
I know that biometrics have now been waived for PR candidates who have submitted in the last 10 years. I submitted an application last year and withdrew it because the timing was wrong for us. Now I just sent in a new application that arrived Sept 30. Since I last applied, I got a new passport. I did include the previous application's UCI, app number, and passport number in a cover letter (among many other things). I wonder if they'll even read this before mindlessly sending out a biometrics request when they do a search on my passport number. Probably a silly thought, but I just thought I'd ask others about it anyway.

Also, I didn't include the old UCI in the new application, just the cover letter. Was this a mistake?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
With you
Hello,
I know that biometrics have now been waived for PR candidates who have submitted in the last 10 years. I submitted an application last year and withdrew it because the timing was wrong for us. Now I just sent in a new application that arrived Sept 30. Since I last applied, I got a new passport. I did include the previous application's UCI, app number, and passport number in a cover letter (among many other things). I wonder if they'll even read this before mindlessly sending out a biometrics request when they do a search on my passport number. Probably a silly thought, but I just thought I'd ask others about it anyway.

Also, I didn't include the old UCI in the new application, just the cover letter. Was this a mistake?
With you having a UCI number they will see on their system that you have done biometrics in the last 10 yrs, if they send a request reply with a Web form stating you already did biometrics. Shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Mjg0503 and DiiDii