+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Visitor Visa Mistake

starglazed29

Apr 13, 2022
Hello! I applied for my Dad's and my visitor visa application last week. He has an expired Canada visitor visa back in 2014 which expired in 2019. He told me he gave biometrics then but now that I've submitted our application, he recalls that he hasn't submitted his biometrics at all. I claimed that he has biometrics given in his application. Upon checking the check status tool, it says 'not applicable'

Help! What should I do? Should I file a webform claiming he hasn't done biometrics and request to pay for it? My application is tied with his but mine is the primary. I'm worried this will affect my application too. I'm scheduled to do my biometrics this week as I stated in my application that I haven't done any biometrics yet.

Reactions: Abba-Lib

Abba-Lib

Star Member
May 12, 2013
some where
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that Canada introduced the biometric collection for TRV in 2018 , in your case your father didn't gave his fingerprints as he got his visa in 2014.
I would suggest that you fill webform and request fingerprints for him .
Also explain what happened in details.

hope this helps:)

Reactions: starglazed29

Rsrao

Apr 21, 2022
Hello! I applied for my Dad's and my visitor visa application last week. He has an expired Canada visitor visa back in 2014 which expired in 2019. He told me he gave biometrics then but now that I've submitted our application, he recalls that he hasn't submitted his biometrics at all. I claimed that he has biometrics given in his application. Upon checking the check status tool, it says 'not applicable'

Help! What should I do? Should I file a webform claiming he hasn't done biometrics and request to pay for it? My application is tied with his but mine is the primary. I'm worried this will affect my application too. I'm scheduled to do my biometrics this week as I stated in my application that I haven't done any biometrics yet.
Hi, I also did same mistake with my application submission yesterday and did submit another application with biometrics requirements option and got biometrics appointment letter from IRCC for new application. If we submit through webform IRCC tales longer time to come back

Reactions: starglazed29

starglazed29

Apr 13, 2022
Hi, I also did same mistake with my application submission yesterday and did submit another application with biometrics requirements option and got biometrics appointment letter from IRCC for new application. If we submit through webform IRCC tales longer time to come back
You created a new application via GCKey? What happens to the current one? Do you have to pay again?

I got a message of request to pay for the Biometrics under my Dad's application. I payed for it immediately before 24 hours however no BIL since then.

Rsrao

Apr 21, 2022
You created a new application via GCKey? What happens to the current one? Do you have to pay again?

I got a message of request to pay for the Biometrics under my Dad's application. I payed for it immediately before 24 hours however no BIL since then.
I did create new application through Gckey and both applications in process, I did send webform request to IRCC for cancellation of one of application