08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Thank you for the update.

I called IRCC the other week, they told me to contact Abu Dhabi Embassy as they had issued the visa, so i sent emails to them and today after about 8 days i received biometric request letters for my parents. So they are going to give biometrics this week in the hopes that they would get 10 years visa.
Good luck. I think visa validity is as per the length of passport and a maximum time of 10 years. In case your parents have a 10 year passport validity they should be issued a 10 years visa. I shall update you once we get my mom's passport back.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Yes they have sent me a letter saying that uploading document on portal. But on portal there is no request for additional document nor there is any option to upload.
i’m not sure, try sending through webform…or call ircc call centre

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
what about the documents you submitted? I guess it will help other users here as well
All the docs requested plus my bank statement, letter of invitation, purpose of visit, parents pension and benefits documents from their employer, affidavit of home ownership.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Good luck. I think visa validity is as per the length of passport and a maximum time of 10 years. In case your parents have a 10 year passport validity they should be issued a 10 years visa. I shall update you once we get my mom's passport back.
With the PPR i also got the BVL, it said:

"You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above. • However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity."

So i figured the best way would be to give the biometrics again. I will keep you posted about any updates. Thank you for your help.

wmate

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-11-2015
try to submit documents via web form? what are additional documents they require?
They have sent me attachements with email "military and police service record". I have to complete the template and submit it. Now we dont have any option in portal so I guess, will reply back to them by email

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Visa validity can not exceed the biometric validity period. If biometrics are valid you can still enroll for biometrics while applying for visitor/supervise. However, once you submit the application you can still voluntarily enroll for biometrics and have them update biometrics for your current application. Please see blew.
1. Pay your biometric fee online
2. Upload the receipt through webform (add a document to your application) and explain that you are requesting for BIL (Biometric Instruction Letter)
3 IRCC will send you an automated email within 5 business days and after a couple of days, you will receive BIL on your Visitor application portal account.

Link for online payment/receipt and webform
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1513&top=19
Link: Biometric Validity vs Visa Validity
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/validity.html

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello,
Visa validity can not exceed the biometric validity period. If biometrics are valid you can still enroll for biometrics while applying for visitor/supervise. However, once you submit the application you can still voluntarily enroll for biometrics and have them update biometrics for your current application. Please see blew.
1. Pay your biometric fee online
2. Upload the receipt through webform (add a document to your application) and explain that you are requesting for BIL (Biometric Instruction Letter)
3 IRCC will send you an automated email within 5 business days and after a couple of days, you will receive BIL on your Visitor application portal account.

Link for online payment/receipt and webform
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1513&top=19
Link: Biometric Validity vs Visa Validity
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/validity.html
Yes thank you. I didnt know that but that is a good way to do it.

Seeker007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thank you so much. I did send the email to 1st email address above. It's been more than 13 days no response yet. What did you write in the subject line of your email that you sent?
It was "URGENT: Visa approved, waiting for Biometrics"

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
I'm submitting documents on IRCC portal. They are asking to provide documents in " Consent Personal Information" & "Additional Documents". Could you please confirm what type of documents I have to provide in these two fields.

Further, I have merged all PDF files but not more than 2MB we can add size.