Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hello Friends,
I am in Canada ( Principal Applolicant). My spouse is out of Canada. Spouse has been added as dependent in my PR application profile. Spouse passed the medical exam also.

Spouse has been requested to submit biometrics. Spouse is denying to submit it and doesnt want to come to Canada. We have relationship issue going through but still not any legal process has been initiated.
I have questions.
1) it has been written in biometrics letter of dependent spouse that failing to submit biometrics before deadline will turn into application rejection. What if my spouse doesnt submit biometrics? How would it affect my pr application as principal applicant? Will I get my PR?

2) should i inform cic in advance that spouse is not interested to come to Canada? How would it be proceeded further for me?

3) is it advisable to inform cic to remove dependent from application? I dont have any document to proove that except email sent from my side to spouse to which no response received so far.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Friends,
I am in Canada ( Principal Applolicant). My spouse is out of Canada. Spouse has been added as dependent in my PR application profile. Spouse passed the medical exam also.

Spouse has been requested to submit biometrics. Spouse is denying to submit it and doesnt want to come to Canada. We have relationship issue going through but still not any legal process has been initiated.
I have questions.
1) it has been written in biometrics letter of dependent spouse that failing to submit biometrics before deadline will turn into application rejection. What if my spouse doesnt submit biometrics? How would it affect my pr application as principal applicant? Will I get my PR?

2) should i inform cic in advance that spouse is not interested to come to Canada? How would it be proceeded further for me?

3) is it advisable to inform cic to remove dependent from application? I dont have any document to proove that except email sent from my side to spouse to which no response received so far.
1) Your spouse needs to complete biometrics, take and pass the medical, and also provide PCCs in order for your application to be approved.
2) It is not enough to tell IRCC that your spouse doesn't want to come to Canada. You need to remove your spouse from your application completely which means convincing IRCC that you are no longer together / no longer in a relationship.
3) Yes, you need to remove your spouse from the application as a dependent. If your have no documents to support this, then you should provide an affidavit stating you are no longer in a relationship and therefore want to remove your spouse from your application. How soon can you file for divorce?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
1) Your spouse needs to complete biometrics, take and pass the medical, and also provide PCCs in order for your application to be approved.
2) It is not enough to tell IRCC that your spouse doesn't want to come to Canada. You need to remove your spouse from your application completely which means convincing IRCC that you are no longer together / no longer in a relationship.
3) Yes, you need to remove your spouse from the application as a dependent. If your have no documents to support this, then you should provide an affidavit stating you are no longer in a relationship and therefore want to remove your spouse from your application. How soon can you file for divorce?
Thank you for the reply.

Spouse' medical and PCC had been submitted. Status of medical is "passed".
Deadline to submit biometrics of spouse is on or before June 11, 2022.
What if i dont have any document to proove before deadline that process of divorce has been initiated?

What if no communication of biometrics is submitted to cic by the deadline? Will that reject application of dependent only and continue to approve application of PA?

If I submit any document which proves process of divorce has been initiated, When PA can get approval of PR? is it mandatory to wait for PR until PA gets divorce certificate? or PR can be approved anytime before divorce is finalized? Please help.

Last edited: