+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Strategy

_ranzo

Nov 4, 2019
As the Biometrics become mandatory for Inland EE applicants, the waiting time for an appointment is usually quite long, like 3 or 4 weeks for popular areas.
I received my Biometrics letter on Mar 3rd, and I couldn't find anywhere has an open position before Mar 25.
However, I managed to get it done on Mar 5th. And here is my trick.

Go to the appointment page and open all locations you are willing to go to.
(I live 1 hour from Toronto, so I had all the Service Canada in Great Toronto Areas open at the same time)
You need to login in on every page and choose each location one by one.
Then you should scale down a little bit so you can see more info on each page.
I use chrome and I found that 75% or 80% will just do the trick.

Install refresh all pages add-on, so you can refresh all of it with one click.
Then use 'CTRL+Tab' to switch between pages.

There are 2 things you should pay attention.

1. The next available date. (I don't think i need to explain on this one)

2. Column Title.
This one is much better because you maybe able to find an opening on the same day.
Below the next available date, on top of the Desk A/B/C, it says Select Date (if that day is already fully booked)
But if there is an opening, It will be Select Date, Select Desk and Select Time.
It will be a obvious change that is hard to miss, and if you see that when switching tabs, then you should take that appointment and ask for day off to get it done first.

Mar 5th morning I did that and found an opening at 2pm that day in Toronto.
So I talked to my boss and and went there to get my Biometrics done right away.

Notes:
-VO will not process your case if you don't have Biometrics done.
(At least the Application page says "Your action is required" which sounds like they won't do anything untill you have it done)

-You cannot get into CIC website while doing this. I don't know why it is happenning but it will let you in after closing all the appointment tabs for like 5-10 mins.