+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics requested only for 1 parent

doriangray27

Nov 11, 2012
Hello People,

This is the third time I'm applying for my parent's super visa. First it got declined because they said my dad's military record was not provided (it was never requested), second time it got declined because I did not attached the full NoA (my mistake) - I'm hoping to get third time lucky. Both my parents have done biometric twice - this time around, they've only requested biometrics for my dad (even though I have paid the biometric family fee of $170).

What could be happening?

I'm generally rattled by the process, and have lost a bit of faith in the system after the first refusal, hence reaching out to see if there's any cause for concern this time. Thanks.

-DG

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello People,

This is the third time I'm applying for my parent's super visa. First it got declined because they said my dad's military record was not provided (it was never requested), second time it got declined because I did not attached the full NoA (my mistake) - I'm hoping to get third time lucky. Both my parents have done biometric twice - this time around, they've only requested biometrics for my dad (even though I have paid the biometric family fee of $170).

What could be happening?

I'm generally rattled by the process, and have lost a bit of faith in the system after the first refusal, hence reaching out to see if there's any cause for concern this time. Thanks.

-DG
Hi,

When did they apply and when did you get the biometric request for your dad?

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

We applied on 3/Nov, and my dad's biometric request came the same day.
You've applied pretty recently. We've seen cases where biometric requests were received even a week later or more.

I suggest you wait for a few more days and then email the relevant visa office (not the CSE) mid-next week