+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics question

flaurier

Aug 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I will be submitting an application for my sis in law to visit us in canada. She has successfully visited in the past. Bosnia is one of the countries whose residents must provide biometrics. The closest VAC is far from where she lives and I would like her to go asap and get her biometrics done. I have not yet completed her application. Does she need an "application #" in order to get her biometrics done. OR can she go to the office, get them done under her name and then when I apply they search her biometrics by name?
How does it work?
1) apply online and wait for letter telling you to get your biometrics done?
or
2) Get biometrics done and provide when you apply

Este74

Apr 23, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I will be submitting an application for my sis in law to visit us in canada. She has successfully visited in the past. Bosnia is one of the countries whose residents must provide biometrics. The closest VAC is far from where she lives and I would like her to go asap and get her biometrics done. I have not yet completed her application. Does she need an "application #" in order to get her biometrics done. OR can she go to the office, get them done under her name and then when I apply they search her biometrics by name?
How does it work?
1) apply online and wait for letter telling you to get your biometrics done?
or
2) Get biometrics done and provide when you apply
They won’t accept her without the letter for biometric.If you apply online and pay for the biometric ,usually it comes within 24 -48 hours via email.