+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics; Old Records in my account

Sam_Vanc

May 28, 2019
I came to Canada as a student in 2015 and I did a biometrics at the time. I applied for PR under CEC on early March, and after the medical test, they said I passed it and asked me to book an appointment for Biometrics. The appointment due to covid-19 got cancelled and now after surpassing the 90-days extension, it seems the extension has become extended to an indeterminate time, until their offices in Canada reopen.
In my account, it shows I have a biomentric record from 2015, but still it says, they need a biometric from me. My question is whether the process of reviewing my documents has been paused due to lack of a new biomentrics or the process is on going with that old biometrics shown on my account application.
Thanks

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
I came to Canada as a student in 2015 and I did a biometrics at the time. I applied for PR under CEC on early March, and after the medical test, they said I passed it and asked me to book an appointment for Biometrics. The appointment due to covid-19 got cancelled and now after surpassing the 90-days extension, it seems the extension has become extended to an indeterminate time, until their offices in Canada reopen.
In my account, it shows I have a biomentric record from 2015, but still it says, they need a biometric from me. My question is whether the process of reviewing my documents has been paused due to lack of a new biomentrics or the process is on going with that old biometrics shown on my account application.
Thanks
It would be processed normally until last stage; at that point they will only wait for biometrics.

Reactions: Sam_Vanc

Sam_Vanc

May 28, 2019
It would be processed normally until last stage; at that point they will only wait for biometrics.
It has been more than three months since I submitted my PR application and I was curious whether they have reviewed the documents such as employment references, or they have paused everything until they get a new biometrics; I mean whether they have accepted the provided documents. Is three months and a half too early to judge on this?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks
You biometrics for your study permit are not valid towards PR. Meaning that biometrics taken for Temporary residence applications cannot be used for PR applications, though the contrary is true. Biometrics taken for PR applications can be used for TR applications.

Your application was just submitted 3 months ago, even under normal circumstances it is still too early. You can always call IRCC and ask for updates on the status of your application (the webpage is not reliable and does not get updated often even if your application is moving forward).

Be patient, it will likely take you another 6+ months to say the least. Some people get really lucky and get their PR within a couple months or so, but you shouldn't count on that specially during these times.

It has been more than three months since I submitted my PR application and I was curious whether they have reviewed the documents such as employment references, or they have paused everything until they get a new biometrics; I mean whether they have accepted the provided documents. Is three months and a half too early to judge on this?
they most likely did some things and then put everything on hold as. They might have assessed eligibility, but criminality and security might not have been done without biometrics. Be patient

Reactions: Sam_Vanc

Mars18

Apr 21, 2020
My claim has been accepted as protected person and now I should apply for PR. Do I need to have my biometric? Because when I submitted my claim, the IRCC did the biometric like 9 months ago.

Afroja khan

Feb 11, 2018
Hi,
Is anyone know about PR application.I did my biometrics in february while doing my work permit extension.In march ,I applied for PR.Due to covid-19,Servcie canada is closed and not able to get it done again.My application is 80%completed.Under applicant information also the data is updated for biometrics.but I am not sure if they do accept my old biometrics .Tried to call IRCC but the agent said the same that he is not sure.Does anyone know if they can hold PR untill we do our biometrics or is there anyone who got PR on the basis of old biometrics??