+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics not being updated

Reemahabitat

Jun 1, 2018
Hi I received my Biometrics letter on 24th Oct. Submitted on 30th October but still I have the 'your action is required' and 'we need your biometrics on page'.

My question is did I have to do something additional? I just took the biometrics letter to the center and they took my fingerprints and said they'll transmit themselves. On the same day I also started seeing the Biometrics number updated and also this
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: October 30, 2018
  • Expiry Date: October 30, 2028
Is there something I am missing out on? Because I didnt update anything in the system. Assumed that they'll transmit and I dont need to do anything. Do I need to click somewhere? Submit something? why is it not being updated?

Will appreciate insights.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi I received my Biometrics letter on 24th Oct. Submitted on 30th October but still I have the 'your action is required' and 'we need your biometrics on page'.

My question is did I have to do something additional? I just took the biometrics letter to the center and they took my fingerprints and said they'll transmit themselves. On the same day I also started seeing the Biometrics number updated and also this
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: October 30, 2018
  • Expiry Date: October 30, 2028
Is there something I am missing out on? Because I didnt update anything in the system. Assumed that they'll transmit and I dont need to do anything. Do I need to click somewhere? Submit something? why is it not being updated?

Will appreciate insights.
Hi, any update? I am in the same situation, did biometrics 4 days ago...

Reemahabitat

Jun 1, 2018
Hey I raised a webform and they said error fixed. Later received an information letter as well. called to confirm as well, they have it in the record. but the system still shows biometrics not received. its been three months now.lol so i am just ignoring it.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hey I raised a webform and they said error fixed. Later received an information letter as well. called to confirm as well, they have it in the record. but the system still shows biometrics not received. its been three months now.lol so i am just ignoring it.
thanks for the reply. Any updates in the account? normal movement of stuff? I also raised a webform and emailed the embassy in my country, both said that my biometrics are fine and on file. account still without changes, biometrics not updated. Guess I'll ignore it as well...hope it will not cause any delays or refusal.

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
thanks for the reply. Any updates in the account? normal movement of stuff? I also raised a webform and emailed the embassy in my country, both said that my biometrics are fine and on file. account still without changes, biometrics not updated. Guess I'll ignore it as well...hope it will not cause any delays or refusal.
I am in the same situation and also today I received an email from the Canada Visa Application Center directing me to the VFSwebsite with a tracking number which then tells me « visa application xxxxis under process at Canada visa offfice Abu Dhabi ». Anyone has a similar experience? I am wondering if it is linked to my whole EE application or just the biometrics.

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I am in the same situation and also today I received an email from the Canada Visa Application Center directing me to the VFSwebsite with a tracking number which then tells me « visa application xxxxis under process at Canada visa offfice Abu Dhabi ». Anyone has a similar experience? I am wondering if it is linked to my whole EE application or just the biometrics.
for me it's the same situation, bith embassy and IRCC wrote that they have my biometrics on file, but still not showing "completed" in profile. However, I managed to reach a call center agent, and he told me that they have my biometrics and everything is fine. It's just that the profiles are not being updated regularly or something, no need to worry. If your number and dates appear in the biometrics area, you should be fine.

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
for me it's the same situation, bith embassy and IRCC wrote that they have my biometrics on file, but still not showing "completed" in profile. However, I managed to reach a call center agent, and he told me that they have my biometrics and everything is fine. It's just that the profiles are not being updated regularly or something, no need to worry. If your number and dates appear in the biometrics area, you should be fine.
Thank you so much for this, numbers and dates are indeed there so fingers crossed it’s all fine!

Reactions: jackan and evan9160

Deepak@IN06

Mar 22, 2019
How can we raise webform ? and to whom we should email. can you please provide the link and email ID ?
Thank you so much.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Same case with me I submitted on 17 june.Yesterday my agent told its not yet updated.As your all cases are of 2018 please u are in a position to guide me as per your experience.Someone please tell what should I do.How can I confirm whether they recd ir not .Is it possible that vfs missed to send my fingerprints.
Response is highly appreciated.Thanks

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
How
How did you email the embassy.Could you provide email id pls?

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Same case with me I submitted on 17 june.Yesterday my agent told its not yet updated.As your all cases are of 2018 please u are in a position to guide me as per your experience.Someone please tell what should I do.How can I confirm whether they recd ir not .Is it possible that vfs missed to send my fingerprints.
Response is highly appreciated.Thanks
basically the only thing you need to do is call IRCC and ask them if they have it in the system. While it is possible that after calling they will rectify the system, in my case (and other people), the status remained as "your action is required" until my residency was approved. Most probably your agent only checks the website so tells you it's not updated but you need to raise a webform or call them just to make sure it is just a system error (or he needs to do it i don't know how it works if you have an agent).

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Y
basically the only thing you need to do is call IRCC and ask them if they have it in the system. While it is possible that after calling they will rectify the system, in my case (and other people), the status remained as "your action is required" until my residency was approved. Most probably your agent only checks the website so tells you it's not updated but you need to raise a webform or call them just to make sure it is just a system error (or he needs to do it i don't know how it works if you have an agent).
Thanks a lot.Yes I have told my agent to raise a web form.This is weird that it was not updated till u got residency.Btw Congratulations.In how many days u got ppr?I just hope this bio chapter doesn't delay my process.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Thanks for this information, am stuck in the same situation, I see the biometrics information in the portal but still says action required need biometrics etc. Just wondering if there is anything needed from me or just a slow system and can safely assume that no problem with the biometrics (since the number and date of collection do show up in the portal).

How were you able to reach to reach an agent? I am in the US and was unable to get connected to an agent sadly ..