+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Letter (BIL) not received for spouse (Dependent applicant)

S-Nelson

May 21, 2022
I'm in a similar situation.
I got the BIL and I can book the appointment for myself only. I don't know why they've not sent for my spouse

Femiyide

May 5, 2022
Since there is a limited time to go for the biometric, I had to book an appointment for myself, so I wouldn't have double issues to deal with.

S-Nelson

May 21, 2022
Since there is a limited time to go for the biometric, I had to book an appointment for myself, so I wouldn't have double issues to deal with.
Hello,
I wanted to let you know that my spouse got his BIL a few days later. (Before this, I had sent a message to IRCC but I don't know if that's why.)

ivan95

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
Hello,
I wanted to let you know that my spouse got his BIL a few days later. (Before this, I had sent a message to IRCC but I don't know if that's why.)
When you say you had sent a message to IRCC, how did you send it? through a webform? Apparently webforms are taking more than 6 weeks to reach the application.
I had received a medical and biometric request when I got my AOR. Got nothing for my wife and I was suspicious. Incidentally, I called IRCC more than a month later and they told me that infact a medical request had been generated for my wife which I never received. I asked about the biometric request for my wife and they told me that there was no such request. They were able to send me the medical request for my wife but said they couldnt do anything about the biometric request since it had not been generated. I am sure the guy even forgot to generate the biometric request, I have no contact him and webforms are taking ages. I am not sure what I can do at this point. Does anyone have any advice? @scylla @legalfalcon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When you say you had sent a message to IRCC, how did you send it? through a webform? Apparently webforms are taking more than 6 weeks to reach the application.
I had received a medical and biometric request when I got my AOR. Got nothing for my wife and I was suspicious. Incidentally, I called IRCC more than a month later and they told me that infact a medical request had been generated for my wife which I never received. I asked about the biometric request for my wife and they told me that there was no such request. They were able to send me the medical request for my wife but said they couldnt do anything about the biometric request since it had not been generated. I am sure the guy even forgot to generate the biometric request, I have no contact him and webforms are taking ages. I am not sure what I can do at this point. Does anyone have any advice? @scylla @legalfalcon
I don't know.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Before an application is finalized, all pending requests and checks will be done. You cannot contact "the guy" to issue a biometric request, and it will be done around the time when the criminal checks are initiated. Also, if an individual has provided biometrics in the last 10 years, they do not have to provide them again.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

harrypjohn

Dec 5, 2020
Hello,
After AOR my wife got biometric appointment and completed biometric process. Can anyone tell that for me dependent(Husband) how many days it takes to get biometric request as there is no any update on it for me? Before 10 days my wife completed biometrics. My request did not come yet we are proceeding for work permit as she has PNP. Is any days difference between main applicant and dependent biometrics process as I did not started yet.
Thanks,

harrypjohn

Dec 5, 2020
Hello,
My wife got biometric appointment and completed biometric process. Can anyone tell that for me dependent(Husband) how many days it takes to get it? Before 10 days my wife completed biometrics. My request did not come yet we are proceeding for work permit as she has PNP.
Thanks,

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello,
My wife got biometric appointment and completed biometric process. Can anyone tell that for me dependent(Husband) how many days it takes to get it? Before 10 days my wife completed biometrics. My request did not come yet we are proceeding for work permit as she has PNP.
Thanks,
How many times do you want to ask the same question all over this forum?

harrypjohn

Dec 5, 2020
How many times do you want to ask the same question all over this forum?
As I am tense I want until I get reply from a good helping friend, you could reply if you got to know about it instead of this reply. I was happy to see that somebody replied but disappointed to see that somebody questioning on my question.

asman199

May 2, 2018
As I am tense I want until I get reply from a good helping friend, you could reply if you got to know about it instead of this reply. I was happy to see that somebody replied but disappointed to see that somebody questioning on my question.
Hey did you get the biometric request for husband? I am in same situation?

pp2289

Sep 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am in the same situation for my parents. My mom received her biometrics a day after the application was submitted and my father ( principal applicant ) has not received anything yet.
Can someone please provide me a timeline if the other applicant received the biometrics or was exempted for some reason as my father is 70 years old.
Thank you in advance

gvskart

Dec 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am in the same situation for my parents. My mom received her biometrics a day after the application was submitted and my father ( principal applicant ) has not received anything yet.
Can someone please provide me a timeline if the other applicant received the biometrics or was exempted for some reason as my father is 70 years old.
Thank you in advance
I'm in a similar situation. My mother received BIL but my father hasn't yet. Could you please let me know if your father has received BIL? How long did it take after you submitted the application?

pp2289

Sep 20, 2022
I'm in a similar situation. My mother received BIL but my father hasn't yet. Could you please let me know if your father has received BIL? How long did it take after you submitted the application?
Hi there,
please see below the parent's visitor visa timeline

Timeline:
Application submission: April 04, 2023
Mother's BIL: April 04, 2023
IRCC webform for Fathers BIL: April 05, 2023
Mother's Biometrics completed: April 11, 2023
Fathers Request letter to update Biometrics receipt: April 14, 2023
Father's BIL: April 18, 2023
Fathers Biometrics appointment: April 24, 2023

Hope this helps.

Reactions: gvskart