+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Letter (BIL) not received for spouse (Dependent applicant)

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Is there anyone else here who has received BIL for primary applicant only and not for dependent (outland)?
My AOR is july 16th and I received BIL for me on 10th September. Since them I am waiting for BIL of spouse and also haven't received a call yet from SC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Is there anyone else here who has received BIL for primary applicant only and not for dependent (outland)?
My AOR is july 16th and I received BIL for me on 10th September. Since them I am waiting for BIL of spouse and also haven't received a call yet from SC.

There will be separate letters for each individual on the application. If you have no receive done, the it has not yet been generated. So just give it some time.

As regards call, it will depend on your local Service Canada office closest to you.

Reactions: swapnil14

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Did your spouse receive BIL?

I have applied study permit as primary applicant with spouse and kid...my spouse has received BIL...
Shall I wait for some time? Or drop an email to IRCC?

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Did your spouse receive BIL?

I have applied study permit as primary applicant with spouse and kid...my spouse has received BIL...
Shall I wait for some time? Or drop an email to IRCC?
No, my spouse has not received the BIL yet. I would suggest you to send a webform and let me know what they respond.

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
No, my spouse has not received the BIL yet. I would suggest you to send a webform and let me know what they respond.
I raised query on web form and i received the BIL. But now i am unable to book appointment for him as it says-
"At this time we are not permitted to offer appointments for categories other than Family Class Priority and Study Permit. Please continue to visit the COVID-19 page on this website for further updates "

Any idea on this as I have applied for study permit and my spouse for SOWP...?

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I raised query on web form and i received the BIL. But now i am unable to book appointment for him as it says-
"At this time we are not permitted to offer appointments for categories other than Family Class Priority and Study Permit. Please continue to visit the COVID-19 page on this website for further updates "

Any idea on this as I have applied for study permit and my spouse for SOWP...?
You have to wait for an email from VFS to book his appointment in this case.

swapnil14

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
There will be separate letters for each individual on the application. If you have no receive done, the it has not yet been generated. So just give it some time.

As regards call, it will depend on your local Service Canada office closest to you.
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have finally received the BIL for my spouse but it's for PNP-Paper application as I did apply for that as well. It has her former name based on the old passport that I had submitted. However, I have also submitted her amended passport, name change affidavit and marriage certificate to reflect this change. Do I have to ask CIC to send me an updated BIL or she can give her biometrics based on the current one?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have finally received the BIL for my spouse but it's for PNP-Paper application as I did apply for that as well. It has her former name based on the old passport that I had submitted. However, I have also submitted her amended passport, name change affidavit and marriage certificate to reflect this change. Do I have to ask CIC to send me an updated BIL or she can give her biometrics based on the current one?
You can use your current BIL and when you go for your biometrics carry you old passport with you.

Reactions: swapnil14

jeevan1205

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hi,

Did you raise a webform for BIL not received?

my AOR is Nov 16th, applied for PR under CEC with an outland dependent. Meds passed on Dec 21st, and Bio updated for spouse(as she had given it already) but whereas I didn't get the BIL still.

@legalfalcon any idea what could be the reason that the PA didn't receive BIL, thank you.

Reactions: alhajiishak

rid.patel

Dec 30, 2020
Hello people.

we paid biometric fees for depended application in April 2020 and still haven't got BIL. could anyone advice us what can we do.

we have raised a webform also mailed our issue many time got common response that its in process.

there is no single update after april 2020 this is so frustrating
:(

Gillreet

Jan 5, 2018
Hello people.

we paid biometric fees for depended application in April 2020 and still haven't got BIL. could anyone advice us what can we do.

we have raised a webform also mailed our issue many time got common response that its in process.

there is no single update after april 2020 this is so frustrating
:(
Hi , have you received biometrics instruction letter ? I am in the same situation AOR April 13

Femiyide

May 5, 2022
Hi,
I only received my BIL, but yet to receive my wife's. Can I go ahead to book an appointment for biometrics, or would i need to wait for hers?

LiztheBiz

Jan 16, 2019
Hi,
I only received my BIL, but yet to receive my wife's. Can I go ahead to book an appointment for biometrics, or would i need to wait for hers?
Hey Good day, I am in the same situation. We paid for " family biometrics" so I assume when I receive my BIL means both of us has to present for the biometric appointment, however I can only set an appointment for my name only on VFS.... so I am not sure what to do