+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) not received!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi All,

Yesterday, I applied online for applications, as under:
- For Me: LMIA Excepted Work Permit
- For Spouse: Open Work Permit
- For Baby: Visitors Visa

After successful submission and payments, sooner after I received Biometrics letter for my Spouse. But, till now, I haven't received Biometric letters for me. It's written "you don't need biometrics, in case needed, we will tell you". I belong to a country, where biometrics is mandatory.

Is it normal to not receive letter sooner after submission? I am a bit worried. Would there be any issue in my application or it might delay the process. I contacted VAC they told me they need biometric letter to perform our biometrics. Normally how long CIC takes to send BIL?

Kindly share your experience, and opinions! I hope that's not a problem in my application.

Best Regards,

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply, today I received BIL :)
I email VAC office to request for appointment or I hope I can go directly..
Thanks again!

mitrawizoz

Sep 17, 2018
I have the same case, so worry about this delay , I made the submission for my family and my self August 28-2018, until today is almost 21 days and no more news for my spouse, it is still" you don't need biometric..."
We are in the country which has not VAC inside and we must make reservation and expensive Flight and Hotel with payment in advance ... Have no idea how long we must wait . I rather to make my Biometric action as I am teacher and school season is starting in next Monday . I have no time for delay ....in other side, could you advise me if my spouse accompany me for Biometric , The VAC agents will be able to resolve the issue.
Thanks. Mitra

mitrawizoz

Sep 17, 2018
I would like to add that , I have send Tons of e-mail to CIC Help desk , IRC Web Help , Vac agent in On line chat feature . No response yet .