29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hey guys,
Thought I could get some help from here.
We're in Detroit, and we had to book an appointment 2 weeks in advance (10/23, since we received our biometric request just yesterday). We are in America for Thanksgiving (10/14) and were trying to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Call USCIS Detroit and reschedule our appointment for any openings on 10/14
We just can't seem to get through to a live person to ask if there are any openings then; or
2. Can we just walk in with our documents and get biometrics done? I noticed this thread was only back in April 2019, so I don't think they have stopped walk-ins? Is it different per USCIS?

Thanks a bunch in advance
I went as a walk in, but later on in the same location my friend was asked to book a appointment. If you are anyway going to be here during that time, why not take a chance to try a walk in to see if it works. The worst is they decline you from entering

slochinexpert626

Oct 30, 2018
I went as a walk in, but later on in the same location my friend was asked to book a appointment. If you are anyway going to be here during that time, why not take a chance to try a walk in to see if it works. The worst is they decline you from entering
Sounds good, I guess it's really dependent on the people at USCIS! Hoping it will all work out !
Thank you so much.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Sounds good, I guess it's really dependent on the people at USCIS! Hoping it will all work out !
Thank you so much.
Yes, i have good experience. I booked appointment first but i missed it, i walked in and they said they won't take me rules have changed.
I was stressed since online appointment only gives you after 2 weeks and i had to get biometric before that.
So , went to another quiet USCIS center, old lady did not even ask anything. Walked in and Walked out without appointment.Life saver.

Better to do appointment to be on safe side as soon as you get letter.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Earlier you could just walk-in for biometrics at any USCIS center. However since March 1, 2019, an appointment is necessary. Some center might still allow without an appointment. But better to book an appointment than taking a chance.