+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics For In-Land PR Applicants

sosarya

May 16, 2019
I submitted my profile and will soon be an inland PR applicant who is already living and working in Toronto. My work permit is expiring 06/27. I have a high score and I'm relying on bridging work permit to keep working until the application is finalized.

However, after a brief research, I found that I will be asked to submit biometrics sometime after I submit a complete application. The problem is that there are no inland biometrics collection facilities and if I leave the country to get one, I won't be able to re-enter and won't be able to apply for bridging work permit.

I found this article on CIC website that says:

Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.
Does this mean as of today, in-land PR applicants are exempt from biometrics? Do I have to write a letter to state I am exempt? Do I still have to pay a biometrics fee or is it better if I don't?

Also, I used to live in the US and got a biometrics and police certificate from the FBI. Maybe they would accept this?

I am desperate for your advice, I asked a consultant and her tone of voice wasn't confident so I rely on the public opinion...

I appreciate and welcome all sorts of inputs, thanks!

Last edited:

Shadow playz

May 29, 2020
Hi, Did you get any update on the biometrics exemption? I am too inland applicant living in Canada. I got my work permit extension biometric data updated in my express entry profile in May. After a few days of it I received biometrics request and the status of my application is still "Your Action is Required". It looks like we need to take biometrics again for PR and waiting for service canada to open.

DICAROD

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
February 28th 2020
Med's Done....
March 6th
Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada...
This apply for work and study permit extension.
My profile still says: “Your Action is Required“.