+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Exemption Update

craigb2424

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

I know a lot of these posts are about the call for booking an appointment but for the people who qualified for exemptions has anyone has their profile updated since?

the bottom of my application is linked with my previous biometrics but that’s been like that for months. Curious if they’ve started the process of actually updating it, at the moment I’ve still got “we are waiting for your biometrics, please check messages”

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Same here! No updates on my profile as well. AOR May 5, 2020. BIL was done Sept 2015

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
Even I am exempted from the biometrics and in my profile application status it mentioned as “we have not received your fingerprints”, I called IRCC and agent told me that working officer will update it manually may be at the end of the process. I asked agent, how can I make sure no action is required from my side , then agent mentioned in my account the current status will be as “submitted”, if they need anything from me the status will be as “your action required”.

craigb2424

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Yeah I spoke to an agent she said everything is passed just waiting on criminality which is where biometrics come in. I haven’t seen a single person on here get their file updated yet, I guess they haven’t started yet?

prkalam

Jul 16, 2020
Even I am exempted from the biometrics and in my profile application status it mentioned as “we have not received your fingerprints”, I called IRCC and agent told me that working officer will update it manually may be at the end of the process. I asked agent, how can I make sure no action is required from my side , then agent mentioned in my account the current status will be as “submitted”, if they need anything from me the status will be as “your action required”.

What is your AOR ?

Mine is June 12 2020, CEC inland, biometric already given for workpermit. No updates yet.

Kingdom2018

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I just hope they know our lives are on hold because of their processing time..most of us has lost good job opportunities and some can’t travel to visit our families...this is jus so annoying

CEC_Candidate2000

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
My current status shows: Your action is required
Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

However I have given biometrics in jan 2019. I hope there is no action and once the profile is picked they would update the status as well.

Is my thought process right?

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
My current status shows: Your action is required
Biometrics: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

However I have given biometrics in jan 2019. I hope there is no action and once the profile is picked they would update the status as well.

Is my thought process right?
If you don’t mind may I know below details?
Medical passed ?
AOR date?

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
AOr july 24
Medicals passed : sep 14
You can see your previous biometrics updated in your profile ? If yes, then wait for 1 more week and check the status , if no change call IRCC and ask them.
In my case, as soon as my medical passed , my previous biometrics got updated in my profile and after 3 weeks, status changed from “Your action is required” to “Submitted”

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
You can see your previous biometrics updated in your profile ? If yes, then wait for 1 more week and check the status , if no change call IRCC and ask them.
In my case, as soon as my medical passed , my previous biometrics got updated in my profile and after 3 weeks, status changed from “Your action is required” to “Submitted”
that's because your Medical passed is after the new policy from IRCC, therefore the officer marked your biometrics completed at the same time. For those with earlier AOR with earlier MP, it might take longer