+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics did not update yet

sakil69

Sep 14, 2017
Hello!
I did biometrics on 14th August, It's been 31 days still showing "We have not received your biometrics". Since 14th August it was showing "Your action is required" and "We need your fingerprints to process your application" but now it's showing "updated" and "We have not received your biometrics". Any suggestions? TIA

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
Hello!
I did biometrics on 14th August, It's been 31 days still showing "We have not received your biometrics". Since 14th August it was showing "Your action is required" and "We need your fingerprints to process your application" but now it's showing "updated" and "We have not received your biometrics". Any suggestions? TIA
That is normal, it happened with me too. Send a CSE directed to the processing visa office and give them your biometric tracking number and they will update your file in a few days.

sakil69

Sep 14, 2017
That is normal, it happened with me too. Send a CSE directed to the processing visa office and give them your biometric tracking number and they will update your file in a few days.
Yes, I have sent them 1 week ago still no update. Thanks for your reply.

casper5

Feb 19, 2018
Yes, I have sent them 1 week ago still no update. Thanks for your reply.
Hi,

I am in the same situation.
I did biometrics on 19th October, For the next 23 days was still showing "Your action is required"

And after 23 days, on 10th of November, the status is finally "Submitted" and the message become "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

Did you overcome the biometirc problem ? And if so how ?

Thank you,

Last edited:

evan9160

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi,

I am in the same situation.
I did biometrics on 19th October, For the next 23 days was still showing "Your action is required"

And after 23 days, on 10th of November, the status is finally "Submitted" and the message become "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

Did you overcome the biometirc problem ? And if so how ?

Thank you,
Hi, any update maybe? I am in the same situation with biometrics...

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Anyone get an update to this issue? I am on day 14 after submitting biometrics, with no update on my profile.
Can you pls provide some details?

When did you apply?
Paper file or online?
If paper filed, have you linked online?
What does your online account say about "background" and "eligibility"?
What is the country of application?

Hermanus87

May 8, 2019
Can you pls provide some details?

When did you apply?
Paper file or online?
If paper filed, have you linked online?
What does your online account say about "background" and "eligibility"?
What is the country of application?
Hi myra20sharma

Online application from South Africa.
Applied mid-March. Bio-metrics request received 30 April. Submitted bio-metrics 2 May.
Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

I am not too concerned about the overall application, as it is still early days.
My concern is that I submitted Bio-metrics on 2 May, but my profile still shows bio-metrics as: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
My bio-metrics references also don't appear anywhere on my profile.
The bio-metrics deadline is slowly approaching, but my bio-metrics seem to be stuck in limbo.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi myra20sharma

Online application from South Africa.
Applied mid-March. Bio-metrics request received 30 April. Submitted bio-metrics 2 May.
Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

I am not too concerned about the overall application, as it is still early days.
My concern is that I submitted Bio-metrics on 2 May, but my profile still shows bio-metrics as: We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
My bio-metrics references also don't appear anywhere on my profile.
The bio-metrics deadline is slowly approaching, but my bio-metrics seem to be stuck in limbo.
The "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details" won't change even after the decision has been made. Look for this section;

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: FIRST LAST
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): 11XXXXXXXX
  • Application number: V00000000
  • Date Received: MONTH , 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: 00000000000000000000
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: MONTH DD, 2019
    • Expiry Date: MONTH DD, 2029

Did you receive any other email saying Acknowledgment Letter in your email inbox/spam?

Hermanus87

May 8, 2019
The "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details" won't change even after the decision has been made. Look for this section;

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: FIRST LAST
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): 11XXXXXXXX
  • Application number: V00000000
  • Date Received: MONTH , 2019
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: 00000000000000000000
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: MONTH DD, 2019
    • Expiry Date: MONTH DD, 2029

Did you receive any other email saying Acknowledgment Letter in your email inbox/spam?
We did not receive any emails/letters.
The 3 biometric lines in that section are also blank.
If I click on "view dependents" my wife's biometrics are however there (we went at the same time).

Same story if I use the BioStatusQuery webpage. No details for me, wife's details do appear.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
We did not receive any emails/letters.
The 3 biometric lines in that section are also blank.
If I click on "view dependents" my wife's biometrics are however there (we went at the same time).

Same story if I use the BioStatusQuery webpage. No details for me, wife's details do appear.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
Send an email to your local IRCC office with subject saying "URGENT" and also create a CSE using IRCC webform. Explain your situation and also give all details - Application no. and UCI.

Hermanus87

May 8, 2019
Send an email to your local IRCC office with subject saying "URGENT" and also create a CSE using IRCC webform. Explain your situation and also give all details - Application no. and UCI.
Thank you myra20sharma,
I sent an email 7 days ago, but will send another one with "URGENT" in the subject.

Would you mind confirming - which of these is the correct form for submitting a CSE:
1) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
3) The "report a technical problem or mistake on this page" button, or
4) Home->Help -> Technical Help -> Report a technical issue (only accessible when signed in)

(I submitted the form on the first one. That one indicated I should expect a response in 30 days, which would be after my biometrics deadline)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thank you myra20sharma,
I sent an email 7 days ago, but will send another one with "URGENT" in the subject.

Would you mind confirming - which of these is the correct form for submitting a CSE:
1) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
3) The "report a technical problem or mistake on this page" button, or
4) Home->Help -> Technical Help -> Report a technical issue (only accessible when signed in)

(I submitted the form on the first one. That one indicated I should expect a response in 30 days, which would be after my biometrics deadline)
Both the links are same, if you hit "Tell me more" on link #2 and give few answer and hit "Submit" you are routed to link#1

And 30 days is the standard timeline for any web form however it can lesser too. Also try sending an email to your local office with subject saying URGENT.

Also, can you check with VAC office also, have they sent it forward for processing or is there an issue or needs to be redone?

Hermanus87

May 8, 2019
Both the links are same, if you hit "Tell me more" on link #2 and give few answer and hit "Submit" you are routed to link#1

And 30 days is the standard timeline for any web form however it can lesser too. Also try sending an email to your local office with subject saying URGENT.

Also, can you check with VAC office also, have they sent it forward for processing or is there an issue or needs to be redone?
Thank you for all the help.
Fingers crossed it all works out.