+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics at Dubai (Informative Post)

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
This post is all about my biometrics experience at dubai.

- My experience at Indian immigration.
I had to go through 3 immigration checks points
1. First one was handled by the spicejet officials and they clearly rejected those who they thought had malicious intentions although mine went quite smoothly.
2. Second one was managed by main immigration officer and he didn't ask too many questions (he had a haryanavi accent and great sense of humour).
3. After that i was redirected to customs officer and he asked me numerous questions regarding purpose of visit, how much cash I'm carrying and past history in a closed chamber (cleared him too)(This one lasted for 20 mins and the conversation was quite hectic).

- Immigration experience at dubai airport.

Arrived at airport gave them my passport and visa and they stamped arrival on it (No questions asked). Then you have to go to other place where they will test you through RT PCR and will ask for a native mobile number on which they will share the report.

info:- don't worry about 2k dirhams its not needed.

- Biometrics Experience in dubai.
1. Go to Wafi mall (3rd floor).
2. Stand in the line and take out your bil, appointment letter and passport out of your bags.
3. Security personnels will check you.
4. Go the reception and handover your documents to them. Apart from this they will give you a form to sign.
5. Now move to room named "G".
6. There are actually 4 counters present in the room and you might called by anyone of them.
7. They will verify your details and send you to the room no 6 (in my case.
8. Biometrics will get over under 5 minutes.

Important Note :- even if you have a appoinment which is scheduled for later in the day you can come early in the morning.

My biometrics were updated instantly into my application. Now, I hope that I'll receive the update as I already have a AIP.

sanjusajan

Aug 19, 2020
I have a doubt. Is it mandatory to take another Covid test from Dubai to come back to India ?

And how long did it take to update biometrics in your Gckey account ?

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
This post is all about my biometrics experience at dubai.

- My experience at Indian immigration.
I had to go through 3 immigration checks points
1. First one was handled by the spicejet officials and they clearly rejected those who they thought had malicious intentions although mine went quite smoothly.
2. Second one was managed by main immigration officer and he didn't ask too many questions (he had a haryanavi accent and great sense of humour).
3. After that i was redirected to customs officer and he asked me numerous questions regarding purpose of visit, how much cash I'm carrying and past history in a closed chamber (cleared him too)(This one lasted for 20 mins and the conversation was quite hectic).

- Immigration experience at dubai airport.

Arrived at airport gave them my passport and visa and they stamped arrival on it (No questions asked). Then you have to go to other place where they will test you through RT PCR and will ask for a native mobile number on which they will share the report.

info:- don't worry about 2k dirhams its not needed.

- Biometrics Experience in dubai.
1. Go to Wafi mall (3rd floor).
2. Stand in the line and take out your bil, appointment letter and passport out of your bags.
3. Security personnels will check you.
4. Go the reception and handover your documents to them. Apart from this they will give you a form to sign.
5. Now move to room named "G".
6. There are actually 4 counters present in the room and you might called by anyone of them.
7. They will verify your details and send you to the room no 6 (in my case.
8. Biometrics will get over under 5 minutes.

Important Note :- even if you have a appoinment which is scheduled for later in the day you can come early in the morning.

My biometrics were updated instantly into my application. Now, I hope that I'll receive the update as I already have a AIP.
That was easy. I'm on the fence about getting my Biometrics done from Dubai.
This is my timeline:
Application submitted: 29th September 2020
Biometrics letter: 30th September 2020
Upfront medical done
Biometrics pending as VFS offices are closed
University is on the DLI list
Haven't received AIP
Do you think I should get bio done from Dubai? My classes start around 11th january and I'm afraid If i start studying online, and my visa gets rejected, they won't refund the first-semester fee (around 7300 CAD)

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
This is my timeline:
Upfront medical done
Haven't received AIP
Do you think I should get bio done from Dubai? My classes start around 11th january and I'm afraid If i start studying online, and my visa gets rejected, they won't refund the first-semester fee (around 7300 CAD)
Getting biometrics done won't guarantee the the file would be processed faster.It's a gamble imo.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
Yo
This is my timeline:
Upfront medical done
Haven't received AIP
You should definitely plan for it because my biometrics were updated instantly and that too in the current application (so first they were updated in the account at the bottom but after some time it got updated in the application also where there are options like medical and other thing).

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
I have a doubt. Is it mandatory to take another Covid test from Dubai to come back to India ?

And how long did it take to update biometrics in your Gckey account ?
Yes it is mandatory to get yourself tested and aiometrics were updated in the portal after few minutes. Also after 1 hour they were updated for the current application by IRCC.

Reactions: Stringer_Bell_786

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Yo
You should definitely plan for it because my biometrics were updated instantly and that too in the current application (so first they were updated in the account at the bottom but after some time it got updated in the application also where there are options like medical and other thing).
Yo
Can you share your timeline?

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
biometric update or not your application will still take a long time. it is infact just an excuse to justify wasting so much money.
your thinking is that it will speed up your application? then why are full applicants from march, april, may, june, july still waiting ?
One guy from my university haven't received anykind of Biometrics update in his portal from the beginning (Complete file - previous refusal) but I received mine in few hours and so as few of my friends who went to dubai with me. Yes this trip costed me 50k but I'm satisfied with the result.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
they won't send you a ppr even with complete application. october applicants are getting priority. until theirs is complete your profile with or without makes no difference as they won't begin the process of PPR even if its approved.
although if you have the money do go and enjoy dubai too. i am speaking strictly from a financial standpoint that it makes no sense rest if you want to destress and vacation in dubai it definitely makes sense.
two people I know got PPR after getting bio done on 4th November. Submitted application on 28th Oct, got BIL on 30th, and are flying in the first week of December. But I'm still unsure as only those whose applications are being processed in China are getting PPR very fast and it's just a matter of luck

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
I'm just confused whether to wait it out or go for bio in dubai. My classes start on jan 11th and I'm afraid If my visa gets rejected and they wont issue me a refund

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
your friends profile needs to be sds, from india and exactly like yours to compare.
also if you are afraid of your fees getting waste obviously you value money. so wasting 50,000 is not reasonable when you can do it for free.
ps. we all are same boat like u. all jan intake students have the same concern. you aren;t alone
Yes. His application was submitted via the SDS stream like mine. Going to dubai is a gamble because what if the VFS centres open a week later I get my bio done

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
If I was in a similar situation, I would have spent 50k to get my biometric done in Dubai, wouldn't be waiting for a miracle to happen. We are already spending and intend to spend thousands of dollars, compared to that 50k rupees is nothing.

Reactions: Nottanyaverma

jaimedantas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Just to let you guys know, many Brazilians including myself are flying to Ecuador for biometrics too, which is extremely expensive due to the distance. People are doing this gamble because the chances of VACs reopening in Brazil this year still are close to zero.

So, if you can affoard it. go foward.

Reactions: Nottanyaverma