+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics appointment in the US

May 20, 2020
Anyone had experience scheduling an biometric appointment through US ASCs? I can’t find the website on USCIS that let me schedule an appointment for biometrics.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Biometrics collection outside Canada
If you can’t give your biometrics due to a location closure near you or a service disruption, don’t go to another biometrics collection service unless we tell you to. This includes

• Canadian ports of entry
  • other international biometrics collection locations, like a visa application centre (VAC)
If you have a biometrics appointment scheduled

• at a VAC, the VAC will notify you if your appointment is cancelled
  • at a US Application Support Center (ASC), all ASCs are closed until further notice
When biometrics collection resumes, you’ll have to make a new appointment at a VAC or ASC when they start collecting biometrics again. You won’t need a new BIL.

How to find out when biometrics collection resumes
Keep visiting canada.ca/biometrics for updates on when biometrics collection will start again.

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Asc in the US is set to reopen on 13 July for some places. Not sure if Canadian UK applicants are able to make any appointments(I highly doubt it). They are most likely going to prioritize US immigration applicants.
As for VAC in NY and LA. I bet 69 bucks that they won’t open by the end of this year.

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Anyone had experience scheduling an biometric appointment through US ASCs? I can’t find the website on USCIS that let me schedule an appointment for biometrics.
Which location are you at? I am also waiting for ASC to open, at my location(Minneapolis) it will be open on July,20th. My employer will send the instruction on how to book the appointment next week. I did get this below URL from someone https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en/office-search, it seems to be not working. Can you please post here when you book the appointment? I will do the same :)

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Which location are you at? I am also waiting for ASC to open, at my location(Minneapolis) it will be open on July,20th. My employer will send the instruction on how to book the appointment next week. I did get this below URL from someone https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en/office-search, it seems to be not working. Can you please post here when you book the appointment? I will do the same :)
Right now it’s fully booked. Do check on it everyday. I booked 16th.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I booked too yesterday but it doesn’t look legit, when I try to find my appointment using IRCC number it shows random location. I think some live testing going on.
I try with random IRCC number #11111111111 today and it shows a ASC location at NY Buffalo. I booked my appointment on Friday when the system was back at that specific time. Got my confirmation printed, but I check today with my IRCC it shows some random location again. Not quite sure if my confirmation is valid. I think the system needs to be back by Monday 13th July.

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I try with random IRCC number #11111111111 today and it shows a ASC location at NY Buffalo. I booked my appointment on Friday when the system was back at that specific time. Got my confirmation printed, but I check today with my IRCC it shows some random location again. Not quite sure if my confirmation is valid. I think the system needs to be back by Monday 13th July.
Same here. I was thinking to call ASC and confirm the appointment. Anyways, can you please post here when you book the appointment. I will do the same. Forgot to ask which location you are trying? I live in minneapolis, here ASC will open on July,27th.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Same here. I was thinking to call ASC and confirm the appointment. Anyways, can you please post here when you book the appointment. I will do the same. Forgot to ask which location you are trying? I live in minneapolis, here ASC will open on July,27th.
I am trying Indianapolis which will reopen on 20 July. Some locations will reopen on 13th July!!

intelextreme

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Someone posted on fb today:
Just finished my Biometrics at USCIS ASC - Brooklyn, New York. Appnt was at 11 AM - reached at 10:30 AM and was done by 10:40 AM. Not a single person was present. Was only asked to provide Passport, USCIS appnt letter and Canada Biometrics letter. Very good experience and went smoothly.