+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Timeline for parents visitor visa

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Hello All ,

I am a permanent resident of canada and I am planning to apply for my in-laws visitor visa.

I have below queries

i) If I apply visitor online , by what time I should be expecting biometric ?
ii) Once I received the biometric , How much time I have to submit the biometric request ?
iii) As the VFS in india is not taking biometric appointment , what happens if I am not able to submit biometric request within the requested time frame ?
iv) Do I have submit quarantine plan while submitting the visitor visa application ?

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Hello All ,

I am a permanent resident of canada and I am planning to apply for my in-laws visitor visa.

I have below queries

ii) Once I received the biometric , How much time I have to submit the biometric request ?
iii) As the VFS in india is not taking biometric appointment , what happens if I am not able to submit biometric request within the requested time frame ?
iv) Do I have submit quarantine plan while submitting the visitor visa application ?
I applied for my mother in law and we got biometric request just after 2 days.

They gave us 90 days to submit biometric.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: raman8310

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All ,

I have below queries

Given that VFS India have been closed for visitors for over a year you receive an automatic extension for your biometric until the offices in India open again for biometrics for visitors. In terms of quarantine l would wait yo see when VFS offices open again for visitor biometrics

Reactions: raman8310

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Given that VFS India have been closed for visitors for over a year you receive an automatic extension for your biometric until the offices in India open again for biometrics for visitors. In terms of quarantine l would wait yo see when VFS offices open again for visitor biometrics
Thank you for the reply. So it means I apply for the visa and then keep on waiting till the biometric reopen in india

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hello, not sure if anyone else is in the same situation but my wife is due in September and we're going to apply for her mother's visitor visa. how can we get the biometrics done in India once VACs are open? can it be considered as Critically ill immediate family member residing in Canada?