+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric request letter after 7 months inland applicant

MIKEL88

Apr 14, 2018
My wife is the primary applicant and she has been in Canada for 4years, with this I believe she is exempted from biometric. Today a biometric request letter was sent for my wife and I to complete. I am also already in Canada, I came in through spouse open work permit SOWP since March, though the application was submitted February 1st and I was still in Nigeria then. Now the question is why requesting my wife to complete a biometric since she is inland applicant? And my own case I am also already in Canada, how do I complete the biometric ? IRCC said we have 30days to complete it. Please advise

Reactions: jessy87

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Since when you applied you were in another country and You have been in Canada for only 7 months, it's no surprise that you need to get biometrics done. If application was made when you were in Canada and after getting open work permit, it would have been different.
For your wife> did she leave Canada for a certain time?

You can find here where/how to give biometrics.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
My wife is the primary applicant and she has been in Canada for 4years, with this I believe she is exempted from biometric. Today a biometric request letter was sent for my wife and I to complete. I am also already in Canada, I came in through spouse open work permit SOWP since March, though the application was submitted February 1st and I was still in Nigeria then. Now the question is why requesting my wife to complete a biometric since she is inland applicant? And my own case I am also already in Canada, how do I complete the biometric ? IRCC said we have 30days to complete it. Please advise
All CEC applicants need to submit their biometrics along with other documents. We did it.. so if they requested it, do it ASAP

MIKEL88

Apr 14, 2018
Since when you applied you were in another country and You have been in Canada for only 7 months, it's no surprise that you need to get biometrics done. If application was made when you were in Canada and after getting open work permit, it would have been different.
For your wife> did she leave Canada for a certain time?

You can find here where/how to give biometrics.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
If I get you right do I have to go back to Nigeria for my biometric? And for my wife she only travel to Nigeria last year for a short period of time less than a month and also, the GCMS FILE note we got it was indicated that my wife is biometric is exempted. Why sending biometric again ?

MIKEL88

Apr 14, 2018
All CEC applicants need to submit their biometrics along with other documents. We did it.. so if they requested it, do it ASAP
I don’t think this is a valid statement I want to believe all CEC inland applicant are exempted from biometric. Everyone inland applicant I know under CEC don’t submit biometric..please verify this.

Reactions: Tiwana1992H

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
If I get you right do I have to go back to Nigeria for my biometric? And for my wife she only travel to Nigeria last year for a short period of time less than a month and also, the GCMS FILE note we got it was indicated that my wife is biometric is exempted. Why sending biometric again ?
You should be able to give biometrics in Canada.
For most CEC applications with spouse, biometrics is requested for both. If your wife is exempt, then you can attach a letter of explanation when you submit documents.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
CEC Inland applicants are exempt from biometrics. Unless there is a spouse applying as well. CIC may or may not as for biometrics for both or one of the partners.

MIKEL88

Apr 14, 2018
You should be able to give biometrics in Canada.
For most CEC applications with spouse, biometrics is requested for both. If your wife is exempt, then you can attach a letter of explanation when you submit documents.
can you help with details on how and where I can complete it in Canada.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Thank you.but there some restrictions for the biometric under this category before it can be completed in Canada.. it was mentioned that “ only certain students or worker can apply for biometric and the application must be completed at the POE” please explain this further.. I so much appreciate you.
No idea. Probably call them and ask.

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
According to IRCC website, your biometrics is valid for 10 years but if you are applying for permanent residence and between 14 and 79 years, you can be asked for another biometrics even if your biometrics is still valid. I think you should just do it, someone provided a link

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
They don't have biometric facilities in Canada. POE is port of entry which means CBSA does. No way you can access this while you are here in Canada and no plan to cross the border. Better to call CIC.

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
They don't have biometric facilities in Canada. POE is port of entry which means CBSA does. No way you can access this while you are here in Canada and no plan to cross the border. Better to call CIC.
oh! i didn’t know that, it’s best he calls CIC then.

rily

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Did you wife pay for biometric during the payment? If it’s yes, you made a mistake during the questionnaire. See the recipe