+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric request for compassionate visa

can101visa

Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
I had applied for entry for my parents on compassionate grounds in March and had provided the UCI# of the visitor visa application that I had created in Jan as part of the process. I received the PHAC approval letter. The next day, I received a message in the online application account stating the below:

Please be advised you have not submitted all the required documents for us to assess your eligibility to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada. Therefore, we are unable to process your request.
If you wish to continue applying for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification, you need to resubmit your request and include the missing document(s):
 Biometrics
We understand there may be delays in obtaining them due to VAC closures. Please complete your biometric once your nearest biometrics collection service point is open.

Any idea why biometric was requested when it is in the process of being converted to single time entry on compassionate grounds?
What are my options considering VAC offices are still closed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I had applied for entry for my parents on compassionate grounds in March and had provided the UCI# of the visitor visa application that I had created in Jan as part of the process. I received the PHAC approval letter. The next day, I received a message in the online application account stating the below:

Please be advised you have not submitted all the required documents for us to assess your eligibility to be exempt from the restrictions to travel to Canada. Therefore, we are unable to process your request.
If you wish to continue applying for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification, you need to resubmit your request and include the missing document(s):
 Biometrics
We understand there may be delays in obtaining them due to VAC closures. Please complete your biometric once your nearest biometrics collection service point is open.

Any idea why biometric was requested when it is in the process of being converted to single time entry on compassionate grounds?
Options are to get biometrics done in either Dubai or Nepal.

Jan 23, 2019
Hi i am in the similar situation, i have received compassionate ground approval for my mother from PHAC but i IRCC needs biometrics. Vfs in india is only taking biometrics for students. Did you find any solution? I do not why they are not alllowing biometrics for travellers who are exempted. I am medically not fit and i really need my mother in Canada. My health is getting worse day by day. I tried to contact them but could never speak to an agent either its a long hold or most of the time they do not answer

Hi,

 Biometrics

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi i am in the similar situation, i have received compassionate ground approval for my mother from PHAC but i IRCC needs biometrics. Vfs in india is only taking biometrics for students. Did you find any solution? I do not why they are not alllowing biometrics for travellers who are exempted. I am medically not fit and i really need my mother in Canada. My health is getting worse day by day. I tried to contact them but could never speak to an agent either its a long hold or most of the time they do not answer
You can attempt to get biometrics waived. It usually requires you to be in pretty critical condition. Most of the PHAC cases that still need biometrics involve pregnancy. Is this a life or death situation? Are you in Canada alone of do you have a partner?

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine/apply-requirements.html

Jan 23, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I gave birth to premature baby i have postpartum depression getting worse day by day. I have my partner with me but he works full time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply. I gave birth to premature baby i have postpartum depression getting worse day by day. I have my partner with me but he works full time
Would imagine whether your parents get to be exempt from biometrics s determined by whether your situation is considered critical. If you are from India where the government is trying to prevent travel that is another obstacles. Would apply for an exemption and see what happens but also search for support in your community. Your OB will likely be able to give you information about services.