+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Request After Announcement that it’s not needed

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I received a biometric instruction letter this morning. I have completed biometrics within the last 10 years. I’m confused bc of the announcement on Monday from CIC indicating that ppl that did bio within 10 years don’t need to do them again. Do I just ignore the letter?

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I received a biometric instruction letter this morning. I have completed biometrics within the last 10 years. I’m confused bc of the announcement on Monday from CIC indicating that ppl that did bio within 10 years don’t need to do them again. Do I just ignore the letter?
When did you submit your application?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You should be exempt, that rule came into effect on Sept 22.

Reactions: JohnCana123

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I got temproary application number and our file received on 9th april, 2020. I already gave biometric when i applied for visitor visa, so now as per announcement by ircc, we have no need to give biometric again so wot we have to do. Can anyone guide us. I have my previous biometric receipt and letter.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got temproary application number and our file received on 9th april, 2020. I already gave biometric when i applied for visitor visa, so now as per announcement by ircc, we have no need to give biometric again so wot we have to do. Can anyone guide us. I have my previous biometric receipt and letter.
It's so recent that I don't think anyone knows - there are other applicansts in the same situation. Try writing them through a webform or calling and asking what you should do.

Hopefully they'll correct the request in your file automatically but it's also possible it will need to be done manually.

For those like you that just got the request, though, I warn - if you don't have meds already done that may prove to be a real hurdle (in places where the approved/accredited medical centres that can do this are still closed).

heidihng

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-06-2021
I have a similar question here. I applied for study permit in 2015 and I don't think I did biometrics. When I applied for post grad work permit in 2019, they also didn't need my biometrics. And now in 2021, I am applying for study permit again for masters and they said they don't need my biometrics either. I am not sure if I ever gave biometrics at the airport when I entered Canada. And it has been 9 weeks since I submitted my study permit application and they still hasn't request for biometrics since it still says not needed. I also checked my biometrics status with my UCI and it says not applicable. I am just worried that what if they suddenly need my biometrics, that might even slow down my application process. Anyone knows what's going on here? Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And now in 2021, I am applying for study permit again for masters and they said they don't need my biometrics either.
Anyone knows what's going on here?
The logical conclusion would seem to be that they don't need your biometrics.