+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Not Updated

kimjord

Jan 27, 2023
Hello All,
My father applied for visitor visa and gave biometric on 20th Jan 2023. But it has not updated yet in the account. On the portal it is still saying we need your fingerprint. Is it normal or do we need to contact IRCC to ask why it is not updated. I was reading on this forum and for most of the people, biometric usually gets updated in the account on the same day. Please help. Thank you.

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello All,
My father applied for visitor visa and gave biometric on 20th Jan 2023. But it has not updated yet in the account. On the portal it is still saying we need your fingerprint. Is it normal or do we need to contact IRCC to ask why it is not updated. I was reading on this forum and for most of the people, biometric usually gets updated in the account on the same day. Please help. Thank you.
Everything is normal in ircc. Don't expect a real fair evaluation and process. Everything is random in its. It doesn't matter you have done everything properly. Entering to Canada is not a right but a privilege

Reactions: ahs

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Hello All,
are you asking about it being updated in the profile section or at the bottom where the status updates are???

coz for my parents the status of biometrics changed to complete after almost a month of giving them at the VAC but the bio number and expiry at the top changes within a week

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Everything is normal in ircc. Don't expect a real fair evaluation and process. Everything is random in its. It doesn't matter you have done everything properly. Entering to Canada is not a right but a privilege
You gf applied to attend a language course. Easy to get refused. What is her profile?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Its showing not done both the places :(
biometrics are handled by local canadian High comissions of the country where bio were given.
so u can simply write an email to your Canadian consulate with the receipt of the biometrics which would have a unique number ( its usually attached to the passport ) and just ask them that biometrics haven't been updated in the ircc online account yet.

in our case bio data was updated in a couple of days later

and as I said the complete status took longer than a month to appear in the account

kimjord

Jan 27, 2023
biometrics are handled by local canadian High comissions of the country where bio were given.
so u can simply write an email to your Canadian consulate with the receipt of the biometrics which would have a unique number ( its usually attached to the passport ) and just ask them that biometrics haven't been updated in the ircc online account yet.

in our case bio data was updated in a couple of days later

and as I said the complete status took longer than a month to appear in the account
Thanks for your reply. I just sent them an email. Will let you know what they respond. Thank

PoRaSu

Feb 16, 2023
My mother gave her Biometrics on the 8th of Feb in India, the details of the Biometric application has been updated under the "Applicant information" but under the "Details of the application", the comment is still, "We need your fingerprints to process your application".
Is this common?

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon

vaibhavX123

Mar 31, 2023
hey there,
i am facing the same issue as you faced while applying for Canada visa . I have already given my bio metric at Ahmadabad on 27th feb 2023,and did not get any update on ircc website.
i also raise one web from on ircc and in reply they said that we have received your biometric data.
in some video on YouTube. They said that if your biometric status on ircc website "Biometric status Tool" showing valid than you have to raise a web from and told them that you have a technical problem in GC Key portal.
I have recently raised the web form regarding that and waiting for the ans.
so can you please tell me what happened in your case and what yo had done to resolve this issue.
thank you.

dillonmk

Jun 20, 2023
Good Afternoon... I have done Biometrics before. I reapplied again today for a visitor's visa. after paying for visa fee successfully, My biometrics details are not showing.
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:
all listed above are not showing that i have done biometrics before

Reactions: numan

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Good Afternoon... I have done Biometrics before. I reapplied again today for a visitor's visa. after paying for visa fee successfully, My biometrics details are not showing.
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:
all listed above are not showing that i have done biometrics before
when u submitted application did u get BIL? wait for upto 7 days to either get a BIL or ur bio info to be updated

dwlsgl

Jun 19, 2023
hey there,
i am facing the same issue as you faced while applying for Canada visa . I have already given my bio metric at Ahmadabad on 27th feb 2023,and did not get any update on ircc website.
i also raise one web from on ircc and in reply they said that we have received your biometric data.
in some video on YouTube. They said that if your biometric status on ircc website "Biometric status Tool" showing valid than you have to raise a web from and told them that you have a technical problem in GC Key portal.
I have recently raised the web form regarding that and waiting for the ans.
so can you please tell me what happened in your case and what yo had done to resolve this issue.
thank you.
Hi! Do you have any update on this?