N/A
Passport Req..
27-08-2013/ Decesion Made: August 31, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hello Friends,

I had submitted online application for visitor visa for my parents, the application was submitted on August 24th, 2020. Since then I have been waiting for Biometric but it looks Biometric is not available for visitor visa at this moment in India.

Me and my wife both are Permanent resident. My wife is currently pregnant and her we are expecting delivery in middle of February 2021. I was hoping to get Biometric and visa process completed for my parents by then but nothing seem to be clear as of now since Biometric is not done.

Does anyone know when the Biometric can open possibly in India for Visitor visa ?

Is going to Dubai for Biometric can be good option ?

Please advise and share your experience.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Friends,

I had submitted online application for visitor visa for my parents, the application was submitted on August 24th, 2020. Since then I have been waiting for Biometric but it looks Biometric is not available for visitor visa at this moment in India.

Me and my wife both are Permanent resident. My wife is currently pregnant and her we are expecting delivery in middle of February 2021. I was hoping to get Biometric and visa process completed for my parents by then but nothing seem to be clear as of now since Biometric is not done.

Does anyone know when the Biometric can open possibly in India for Visitor visa ?

Thank you.
We don't know when biometrics will reopen in India for those applying to visit. Yes, going to Dubai seems to be an option.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
We don't know when biometrics will reopen in India for those applying to visit. Yes, going to Dubai seems to be an option.
Thank you Scylla for your information.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Would suggest you have a plan B because at this point travelling by February 2021 seems unlikely.
Hi Canauck78,

Why travelling by February 2021 seems unlikely ?..I am confused about plan B, Do you mean to say going to Dubai to get Biometric is something I should do ?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canauck78,

Why travelling by February 2021 seems unlikely ?..I am confused about plan B, Do you mean to say going to Dubai to get Biometric is something I should do ?

Thank you
Your parents would need to get to Dubai and get the biometrics done. There are likely to be restricted hours due to Christmas. The government essentially slows down dramatically from now to after New Year. After your parents get their biometrics done they may need a medical, their TRV processing time could still take months and then you need to wait for passport stamping. February 2021 is very soon. I am saying if you need childcare for any other children while in the hospital then I would find a plan B. If this is a first child you can support your spouse. If you aren't taking any time off you may want to take a week off if possible. 2 if possible but it's not the end of the world. This is a fairly normal situation in Canada. If you know nothing about babies the nurse can show you the basics like how to change a diaper or give the baby a bath.

Would add that because your wife is pregnant and you'll have an infant who are considered vulnerable population and they will/could have contact with the healthcare system your parents it is especially important that they quarantine separately in a basement or airbnb.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Your parents would need to get to Dubai and get the biometrics done. There are likely to be restricted hours due to Christmas. The government essentially slows down dramatically from now to after New Year. After your parents get their biometrics done they may need a medical, their TRV processing time could still take months and then you need to wait for passport stamping. February 2021 is very soon. I am saying if you need childcare for any other children while in the hospital then I would find a plan B. If this is a first child you can support your spouse. If you aren't taking any time off you may want to take a week off if possible. 2 if possible but it's not the end of the world. This is a fairly normal situation in Canada. If you know nothing about babies the nurse can show you the basics like how to change a diaper or give the baby a bath.

Would add that because your wife is pregnant and you'll have an infant who are considered vulnerable population and they will/could have contact with the healthcare system your parents it is especially important that they quarantine separately in a basement or airbnb.

Hi canuck78,

thanks for your details response

I have heard that there are no quarantine restrictions in Dubai right now. Also, the application that I have submitted for visa says there is no requirement for medical. Do you mean about Covid 19 test result submission ?..My agent has told me that once Biometric is done, then they can send email to visa office in Delhi to consider it on priority bases citing reason for family member requirement due to first child in the family. Not sure now because there are all ifs and buts situation but hope is the best thing we can do right now. I have full time job and i need to be at work most likely from January onwards, I may get a 7-10 days off during that time though. If you have anything to share or suggest, its much appreciated.

Thanks again.

DK

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78,

thanks for your details response

I have heard that there are no quarantine restrictions in Dubai right now. Also, the application that I have submitted for visa says there is no requirement for medical. Do you mean about Covid 19 test result submission ?..My agent has told me that once Biometric is done, then they can send email to visa office in Delhi to consider it on priority bases citing reason for family member requirement due to first child in the family. Not sure now because there are all ifs and buts situation but hope is the best thing we can do right now. I have full time job and i need to be at work most likely from January onwards, I may get a 7-10 days off during that time though. If you have anything to share or suggest, its much appreciated.

Thanks again.

DK
Believe you need a negative covid test to go to Dubai. You'll need to confirm that they can do their biometrics when they get to Dubai and whether there are any holiday closures. The Canadian government can always ask for people to do a medical so you'll need to wait and see. Even when they get their biometrics and send an email indicating they meet the travel restrictions it still could take a while to hear back. The birth of a first child or any child is not considered an urgent request. Would add they will need to quarantine away from you and your wife for 14 days when arriving in Canada which adds to potential delays if they get a TRV. Even if you can't take more than a few days off your wife can manage. Hopefully you will help when you get home, before work or on your days off to make sure she is set up for the day and help with cleaning, food shopping, cooking, etc. Would suggest making some meals in advance that you can freeze so you have quick and easy meals that you can just reheat. Take-out or prepared meals are also options. Many single mothers have survived without help so it's not an impossible task and only being you and your spouse caring for your first child is very normal in Canada. When you really need help is when you have other children to look after other than a baby. If you and your spouse don't have experience with babies nurses and lactation consultants can provide some guidance. There is always Skype/facetime too. Hopefully things will workout but don't think having your parents in Canada and out of quarantine is realistic by mid February given their situation. Babies also can come early (or late). Essentially after 36/37 weeks you may have your baby any day and they wouldn't be considered premature or preterm. Babies are on their own schedules:)

Reactions: dark_horizon

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Believe you need a negative covid test to go to Dubai. You'll need to confirm that they can do their biometrics when they get to Dubai and whether there are any holiday closures. The Canadian government can always ask for people to do a medical so you'll need to wait and see. Even when they get their biometrics and send an email indicating they meet the travel restrictions it still could take a while to hear back. The birth of a first child or any child is not considered an urgent request. Would add they will need to quarantine away from you and your wife for 14 days when arriving in Canada which adds to potential delays if they get a TRV. Even if you can't take more than a few days off your wife can manage. Hopefully you will help when you get home, before work or on your days off to make sure she is set up for the day and help with cleaning, food shopping, cooking, etc. Would suggest making some meals in advance that you can freeze so you have quick and easy meals that you can just reheat. Take-out or prepared meals are also options. Many single mothers have survived without help so it's not an impossible task and only being you and your spouse caring for your first child is very normal in Canada. When you really need help is when you have other children to look after other than a baby. If you and your spouse don't have experience with babies nurses and lactation consultants can provide some guidance. There is always Skype/facetime too. Hopefully things will workout but don't think having your parents in Canada and out of quarantine is realistic by mid February given their situation. Babies also can come early (or late). Essentially after 36/37 weeks you may have your baby any day and they wouldn't be considered premature or preterm. Babies are on their own schedules:)
Thank you canacuk78 for your time and detailed response.
Thanks and much appreciated. :)

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Hello Friends,

Thank you.
Hi,

I am in a similar situation here. I submitted my application in September for my parents and we are planning to send my mom to Dubai to get her biometrics done. I don't know if she will be able to make it before my due date but since I have family in Dubai it will be easier for her to get her biometrics from there. I understand that as a first time grand parent your parents might be really excited to be here to welcome their grandchild but these are so unfortunate times. We can only try and wait. It is easier for people who already have a visitor's visa to travel(if they are your immediate family member). I am hoping once the biometrics is done, things will move easier.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am in a similar situation here. I submitted my application in September for my parents and we are planning to send my mom to Dubai to get her biometrics done. I don't know if she will be able to make it before my due date but since I have family in Dubai it will be easier for her to get her biometrics from there. I understand that as a first time grand parent your parents might be really excited to be here to welcome their grandchild but these are so unfortunate times. We can only try and wait. It is easier for people who already have a visitor's visa to travel(if they are your immediate family member). I am hoping once the biometrics is done, things will move easier.
Want to remind you as well that it is very important for pregnant women or infants to have family quarantine without contact with them because pregnant women are at higher risk of serious covid outcome, infants are risk of more severe symptoms with every respiratory virus and pregnant women and infants have contact with the healthcare system.

S.Amith

Aug 10, 2015
Want to remind you as well that it is very important for pregnant women or infants to have family quarantine without contact with them because pregnant women are at higher risk of serious covid outcome, infants are risk of more severe symptoms with every respiratory virus and pregnant women and infants have contact with the healthcare system.
Yes Absolutely :). If my mom gets the visa before my delivery, we will be accomodating her in a hotel for 2 weeks. We dont want to take any risks.
As of now the processing time is 250 days, So I am not keeping my hopes high. We are just trying because thats what we could do. Also we can always visit them later when the Pandemic gets under control.

R.Shee

Jan 5, 2021
Hello Friends,

Thank you.

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. Applied for a visitor visa for my mother- in -law. It seems they are not accepting the biometrics in INDIA.
Did you get any update on the same? Did you get your biometrics done? My pregnancy due date is also in feb.

DK84

Aug 29, 2012
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013 CIO
Doc's Request.
09-05-2013
Nomination.....
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
24-02-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
I booked biometrics date in Dubai as there is little hope that situation may change in India. Try to get Biometric date in Dubai for your mother-in-law. There is also an another option which may be more helpful, try to get PHAC approval, if it gets approved then your mother-in-law may not even need biometric and can get single entry visa in quick time.

Refer this link - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

Regards

Swathi.life

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I booked biometrics date in Dubai as there is little hope that situation may change in India. Try to get Biometric date in Dubai for your mother-in-law. There is also an another option which may be more helpful, try to get PHAC approval, if it gets approved then your mother-in-law may not even need biometric and can get single entry visa in quick time.

Refer this link - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

Regards
I want to do this for. my parents as well, can you tell me the situation in Dubai ? for when did you book the date in Dubai ? And is there a 2 week quarantine in Dubai ? We dont have anyone in Dubai , so my parents would be in a hotel, and as indians do we need a visitor visa for Dubai ? my parents have not been really much out of India, I would as much would like them to goto Dubai on this reason, though it is not an ideal time.