Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
Sorry, but you are wrong, biometrics fees can be attached to the application when you send it. Not sure about visas, but for spousal applications that is an option majority follows. Some can wait for the letter to pay biometrics fees like I did and then wait for a letter to request the fingerprints. Some pay upfront and get request later with medical. Less wait time I would say. My husband and I realized this only now.... when we paid biometrics in February and still no request.
Some info to prove my words.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
Steps to give your biometrics
1. Pay the biometrics fee
You must pay the biometrics feewhen you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays.

Exception: There is no fee to give biometrics for a transit visa.

2. Get the instruction letter
After you pay the biometrics fee, you’ll get a letter confirming that you need to give your biometrics and where you can go. You need to bring this letter when you give your biometrics. You also need to bring your valid passport.

How fast you get the letter depends on how you apply and when you pay for your biometrics fees. Answer a few questions to find out.

I submitted my wife's application for spousal Jan 28. I was never told about submitting biometrics in advance. I was told it's payable once they request it. So this is new to me.
However my file went fast. My wife got pre arrival letter last week and ppr. Just now waiting copr and I Wil go pick her up. Copr should be in a week from now. Took just 3 and half months for all to be completed. Not sure what country your from but they seem to go fast for most àpplications.

Best of luck on everything

Rockhound

May 14, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

2. Pay your application fees
In most cases, your fees will include:

You have to pay your fees online.

Biometrics fee
In most cases, you must pay a biometrics (fingerprints and photo) fee when you submit your application. Otherwise you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Biometrics can't be paid up front. Always when they ask. This is the same for everyone. Within a few days after you pay the fee you will get another letter outlining where to go for biometrics.
After biometrics they will start background check.
From what you told me you are right on target and don't appear delayed. Just hang in there.

Regards.
HUH? You could pay biometrics up front, this is what I have done when I applied for PR for my common law partner. I have paid online and ticked "Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475)" and also ticked "Biometrics ($85)". They have sent my partner the "Biometrics Instruction Letter" on the 31ist of May. So, like I have said on some threads, better you pay BM right away or your application will be delayed.

If you or your family need to give biometrics, pay your biometrics fees at the same time you pay your other fees. Make sure you pay using the same payment method.

Biometrics (if required) – Fees
Fees
$CAN
Biometrics – per person
Biometrics – family (2 or more) 170

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
HUH? You could pay biometrics up front, this is what I have done when I applied for PR for my common law partner. I have paid online and ticked "Sponsorship fee ($75) and principal applicant processing fee ($475)" and also ticked "Biometrics ($85)". They have sent my partner the "Biometrics Instruction Letter" on the 31ist of May. So, like I have said on some threads, better you pay BM right away or your application will be delayed.

If you or your family need to give biometrics, pay your biometrics fees at the same time you pay your other fees. Make sure you pay using the same payment method.

Fees
$CAN
Biometrics – per person
Apps are going fast. I sponsored my Filipina wife Jan 28. She s got ppr a week ago, expect about 4 months.

Best of luck

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
It’s an option for anyone to pay fees for biometrics upfront, we just didn’t know about it.
That’s very good your file got processed fast! But it happens quite rarely... majority waits for a year and I believe my file will be too. We called and we also have a lawyer... but so far it has no affect on our application... anyway, as long as it is 12 months wait, we are fine...by the way, you said you wrote to pm... did u ever get a reply from him? Thank u!
Maybe his application was processed quickly because he wrote the PM a letter and told him he was a die hard liberal;) Maybe we should all write to the PM and tell him we will vote liberals if they expedite our application.

Reactions: sveta

Markerna

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 28, 2019
AOR Received.
March 12, 2019
File Transfer...
March 19, 2019
Med's Request
March 19, 2019
Med's Done....
March 26, 2019
Interview........
None needed
Passport Req..
May 24th 2019
Maybe his application was processed quickly because he wrote the PM a letter and told him he was a die hard liberal;) Maybe we should all write to the PM and tell him we will vote liberals if they expedite our application.[/QUOTE

]exactly. It's worth a try, it is an election year.

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015

Fees
$CAN
Biometrics – per person
You are right. My application has been following exactly the same order as your application. But, I did receive the Biometric Fees requirement and I submitted the same day but no medical request. And I think here comes the difference where I will be waiting for Medical Request, for how long, no Idea :(
Outland Spouse Sponsorship
Application Received (Sydney): April 15th

Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR 1) - May 25
eCAS - May 24
Application Linked - Unsuccessful
Sponsor Approval (SA) - May 31st
Biometrics - May 30th
Medical request (MR) - May 31st
AOR 2 -
Passport request (PPR) -
Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form (COPR) -
Interview -
Landed -

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Your file is flying! Getting things done so fast. Relax, probably soon you will get your biometrics. Just to make you feel better, my file received in November, medical in February and still no biometrics request. All will come, I guess :)
Thanks for your comments, I received medical request today Alhamdulillah.
Wish you the best too for your case.

Reactions: sveta

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Maybe his application was processed quickly because he wrote the PM a letter and told him he was a die hard liberal;) Maybe we should all write to the PM and tell him we will vote liberals if they expedite our application.
Hi Stephan
Any further update on your application?
I have got Medical Request and Biometric Request so far.

Regards

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi Stephan
Any further update on your application?
I have got Medical Request and Biometric Request so far.

Regards
Still waiting for the panel of physician to send in our results of the medical examination and confirmation of RPRF receipt from CIC. It's a waiting game now.

Douglas47

May 26, 2018
Biometrics are paid when they request it. Not in advance
Can't biometrics be paid together with the processing fees at the time of initial submission of Application?
- my application for Spousal visa was received on 31st December, 2018. I paid all the fees together. Please, is it wrong?