+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric exemption for PR , candidates outside canada

Krunal bonde

Jul 30, 2020
Hello guys,
i have processed my PR file under BC PNP programme with LMIA through an agent and yesterday i have received an ETA letter telling that my file had been processed under Urgent PR card processing and now i can enter canada on basis of ETA after october and my biometrics and Passport stamping would be done after landing over there and all of this is due to covid issue , so would just like to confirm that is biometric exemption given also to PR canditates outside canada or not..?

lalitsharma1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Are you sure that it is from Government? When you say agent, it's a red flag. I completely doubt on it. Also, for your question, unfortunately, I have never seen such a case where they allow anyone without bio-metrics and passport stamping.

My friend it is a scam for sure. I believe it's none other than your agent who's doing it to get more money from you. BEWARE.

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
Hello guys,
i have processed my PR file under BC PNP programme with LMIA through an agent and yesterday i have received an ETA letter telling that my file had been processed under Urgent PR card processing and now i can enter canada on basis of ETA after october and my biometrics and Passport stamping would be done after landing over there and all of this is due to covid issue , so would just like to confirm that is biometric exemption given also to PR canditates outside canada or not..?
Can you share the Email Address from which you received the email mentioning it ? Is it an Official Email ID?

Krunal bonde

Jul 30, 2020
Are you sure that it is from Government? When you say agent, it's a red flag. I completely doubt on it. Also, for your question, unfortunately, I have never seen such a case where they allow anyone without bio-metrics and passport stamping.

My friend it is a scam for sure. I believe it's none other than your agent who's doing it to get more money from you. BEWARE.
Hey Lalit thanks for your reply , i will surely keep that in mind before proceeding..

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
Hey Sara thanks for your reply , i think the email id is official cause i did checked it says " IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca "
This Email is provided for applying Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) to return to Canada usually applied at visa application centre. If a VAC is closed, one can submit the documents to this Email ID. However, I haven't came across any mention of Biometric Exemption.
(Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Landed permanent residents)

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
Hi,
Could you please confirm whether your application has been approved after ETA because i have also received the same from IRCC. (Biometric and Stamping exemption) and allowed to travel in canada.
PS-I have also applied through agent.
Not yet. We are waiting on Provincial Nomination. Did you get your nomination or got ITA directly for EE ?

Sep 19, 2018
Hello guys,
I am in the same situation which Krunal has faced earlier.