+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric collection service (VFS offices) - Bangalore India

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi,

Kindly let me know where is the VFS office in Bangalore for biometrics enrollment? Is it opened for PR applicants now? I read in this forum that most of the VAC are closed due to covid pandemic. Please share the details if anyone have the information.

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

Kindly let me know where is the VFS office in Bangalore for biometrics enrollment? Is it opened for PR applicants now? I read in this forum that most of the VAC are closed due to covid pandemic. Please share the details if anyone have the information.
Hi, I have also received my Biometrics Instruction Letter. But the website states that they are entertaining biometrics only those who fall under Family PR and Student Permit groups. - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

The Biometrics Office in Bangalore is the Canada VAC off Residency Road.

I am thinking if I should walk in and enquire since I am unable to book a biometric appointment through the online web form.

Have you been able to book your appointment online?

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
Not able to book the appointment online. If you are getting any information please post it here.
Will do, you do the same as well.

On the VFS website, it is given that you can go in person to schedule your interview. But they have also given that only prebooked appointments will be entertained. Very contrasting things.

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
It is still pending as the VAC are closed. I read the following in the IRCC website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#permanent

If the biometrics collection site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites start offering collection services again. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

Reactions: Nihal_A

Nihal_A

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020
The expansion has been made to other visa classes from today, but not for PR applicants, unfortunately. The following has been mentioned on the VFS site -

"Effective 20 January 2021, Canada visa applicants who have submitted applications for categories of student (SP) and family class priority – spouses, partners and children (FCP), Work permit (WP), Returning Students & workers can enrol biometrics at Canada Visa Applications Centres in India. ** Returning Students and returning Workers will need to book an appointment using their old study and work permit documents instead of the BILs."

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
It is still pending as the VAC are closed. I read the following in the IRCC website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#permanent

If the biometrics collection site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites start offering collection services again. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.
From today VFS india starting biometric services for work permit applicants too. Before this biometric appointments available only for family class and study permit candidates only.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hi,
I got Study permit BIL recently and was not able to find any slots in Aug Bangalore VFS, so had to book in September. Others are also facing the same issue in Bangalore VFS? Any other solution to book earlier slots? Pune VFS does not have any dates at all for next 8 months or so!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I got Study permit BIL recently and was not able to find any slots in Aug Bangalore VFS, so had to book in September. Others are also facing the same issue in Bangalore VFS? Any other solution to book earlier slots? Pune VFS does not have any dates at all for next 8 months or so!
There is a very large backlog because biometric were shut down for 1.5 years for most people and biometrics were shut down for everyone in the last wave and only opened up end of July or early August. Book the earliest appointment you can get.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I am struggling with the same, any update on this ?
Yes, I have been checking the appointments since past week, the one appointment date I got is the nearest one. In fact the week I booked is no more available! I tried calling them but the recorded message keeps telling to book online. So select biometric student only->book the nearest date you get. Then sit quite :) There is no way you will get an early date and they wont allow to reschedule even though they mention you can do it! I keep getting error.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
There is a very large backlog because biometric were shut down for 1.5 years for most people and biometrics were shut down for everyone in the last wave and only opened up end of July or early August. Book the earliest appointment you can get.
True, 3 weeks wasted is the pain point :(

vidhi13

Aug 14, 2021
Could you suggest which is correct biometrics category for me, I am applying for spousal sponsorship and received BIL but I am not sure which is the relevant category of choice is "Application Submission With Biometrics" or "Biometrics Enrollment" ?

Cheers,
V.