+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric collection service (VFS offices) - Bangalore India

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I got Study permit BIL recently and was not able to find any slots in Aug Bangalore VFS, so had to book in September. Others are also facing the same issue in Bangalore VFS? Any other solution to book earlier slots? Pune VFS does not have any dates at all for next 8 months or so!
True, 3 weeks wasted is the pain point :(
You don’t really have an option. At this point you aren’t going to get approval before the fall term so it isn’t going to make a big difference.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Could you suggest which is correct biometrics category for me, I am applying for spousal sponsorship and received BIL but I am not sure which is the relevant category of choice is "Application Submission With Biometrics" or "Biometrics Enrollment" ?

Cheers,
V.
I am not sure about this, I thought you were applying for SP

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
You don’t really have an option. At this point you aren’t going to get approval before the fall term so it isn’t going to make a big difference.
True, there is nothing I can do. But you think there wont be any decision before fall? Issue is that I have to serve 2 months notice at work. The more I wait the notice period moved into my travel window and I also want to spend some time with my family before I leave if I get a VISA. Also, how can I dare to resign before the VISA approval!:confused:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Shouldn't it be Biometrics Enrollment? Since application would have gone through online?
Don’t have the application in from office me
Shouldn't it be Biometrics Enrollment? Since application would have gone through online?
I don’t have the application in front of me and haven’t looked recently so can’t be sure so will delete my answer.

Reactions: yesWeCanada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True, there is nothing I can do. But you think there wont be any decision before fall? Issue is that I have to serve 2 months notice at work. The more I wait the notice period moved into my travel window and I also want to spend some time with my family before I leave if I get a VISA. Also, how can I dare to resign before the VISA approval!:confused:
You only applied in August. There are some people who have been waiting 8+ months for a response. I don’t think you’ll need to wait that long but you may need to do TB testing. It is tough to know when you will hear.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Don’t have the application in from office me

I don’t have the application in front of me and haven’t looked recently so can’t be sure so will delete my answer.
They have 3 categories now in India: Application with biometrics, biometrics submit and biometrics student only(this is a special queue just for students since there is huge backlog)

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
You only applied in August. There are some people who have been waiting 8+ months for a response. I don’t think you’ll need to wait that long but you may need to do TB testing. It is tough to know when you will hear.
I agree, there are so many waiting since long. I am scared of that fate. Let hope for the best.

Yes, I have done upfront medical checkup and its reached embassy already. Doctor had also asked me if I ever had TB. Results are passed as per the hospital.