+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Appointment Visitor visa for In-Laws

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question regarding visitors visas. As we are expecting a baby soon, we have applied for a visitor visa to my In-laws on 13th March 2021, we have received the confirmation of submission of application and letter of request for biometrics. We have been trying to book an appointment at VFS Hyd, India, but due to a pandemic situation, they are only giving appointments to study visa applicants and family-sponsored permanent residency applicants. We were only given 3 months deadline to submit the biometrics, now the question can CIC extend the deadline automatically, or do we have to reapply for the visitor visa. I still see that VFS India is not issuing appointments for visitor visa applicants. Can anyone who has faced a similar kind of situation please help me?

Thank you.

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Hi,
As per the website, VFS India is allowing to book biometrics appointments for all visa categories. This is what they have mentioned in the website “From 28 June 2021, Canada visa customers will be able to book appointments to enrol biometrics for all visa categories. Visit <AMS link> to book your appointment. Please note, prior appointments are mandatory to visit the Visa Application Centres”. Checkout https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates. We also confirmed this (regarding accepting biometrics for all visa categories) with the customer care executive of VFS.
We have booked an appointment for my mother-in-law at VFS Hyd for the 1st of July.

Also, the BIL remains valid since VFS offices weren’t accepting biometrics appointments for visitor visa category until 28th June 21.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harshara

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hey thank you so much for letting me know, we were able to book an appointment. For the appointment day, the applicants need to carry certain documents, in that I see a signed consent form. Do you know where i can download this letter?
thank you.

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
Hey thank you so much for letting me know, we were able to book an appointment. For the appointment day, the applicants need to carry certain documents, in that I see a signed consent form. Do you know where i can download this letter?
thank you.
Hi, even I am not sure about that one. Planning to call VFS to find out.

Swetakuakdia

Jul 2, 2021
thank you.
Hi
I was wondering if you could get biometric done for your parents yet. Because I called VFS India and was told that it’s only open for family sponsorship program

Swetakuakdia

Jul 2, 2021
Hey, did you hear any news from CIC? or you know any one who got visitor visa approved?
Hi
Yes, they had their biometric done on August 19th and received passport request last Friday only. Now waiting to get those stamped so they can book their flight ASAP, baby is due in first week of October.