+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Appointment in Dubai

Gaurav47

Jun 13, 2020
Hi,

My wife recently received biometric request for family class sponsorship application, we already booked appointment for Bengaluru India, as her residence country is India, we haven’t received the confirmation and date of appointment yet, we are already waiting since about and year for this application, and want to get PR visa for her as early as possible. We had made plan to travel to Dubai from this year end for about 30 days prior to receiving biometric request, now my question is if we get appointment date later than our travel date to Dubai can we get biometric done in Dubai or we will have to cancel the appointment in India and rebook in Dubai and in that case Will it be allowed or not because it’s not her country of residence as well as not the Visa application centre, will it cause any delay or issues later during the application? Will cancelling the travel plan or postponing is a better option? Also we know that if we don’t make appointment they will not reschedule it for now, because of COVID and backlog of existing applicant, your advise on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Reactions: cj7

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
You can do your biometrics anywhere but you have to make the appointment yourself. If you want to travel to Dubai to do it then first schedule an appointment before you make travel plans. After your biometrics are complete you can cancel the appointment locally if you had made one, it won't affect your app where you have it done.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Hi,

My wife recently received biometric request for family class sponsorship application, we already booked appointment for Bengaluru India, as her residence country is India, we haven’t received the confirmation and date of appointment yet, we are already waiting since about and year for this application, and want to get PR visa for her as early as possible. We had made plan to travel to Dubai from this year end for about 30 days prior to receiving biometric request, now my question is if we get appointment date later than our travel date to Dubai can we get biometric done in Dubai or we will have to cancel the appointment in India and rebook in Dubai and in that case Will it be allowed or not because it’s not her country of residence as well as not the Visa application centre, will it cause any delay or issues later during the application? Will cancelling the travel plan or postponing is a better option? Also we know that if we don’t make appointment they will not reschedule it for now, because of COVID and backlog of existing applicant, your advise on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
hi, you can schedule bio by urself on vfs website as it is open for spouse now. it is updated automatically and i think you can still travel to dubai without any issues. can you share when did you apply for application and when did you got AOR and BIO request. thank you.