+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric Appointment, documents to carry

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Received different info between CIC and VFS as to which documents to carry for a TRV biometric appointment. I don't even know what half the things listed are (from VFS list below). Can someone confirm I should be okay following CIC direction?

CIC mentions the following in BIL (Biometric Invitation Letter):
What you need to bring with you: When you present yourself at the biometric collection service point of your choice, you must bring the following:
• a copy of this letter, and
• the passport or travel document that you referenced in your application.

VFS mentions the following:
What to bring with you | vfsglobal
  • Print out of the email confirming the details of your appointment
    Received after booking your appointment
  • Valid passport or travel documents
    With at least 2 pages that are blank on both sides
  • Printout of your completed visa application form (including 2 copies of 2D barcode sheets)
    No manual amendments to this form will be accepted at the Visa Application Centre
  • All supporting documents for biometric cases only
    Biometric Instruction letter (BIL), Notification letter received from the Government of Canada for submission of your passport/documents, passport bio data page (2 copies), and VFS consent form (2 copies)
  • All supporting documents
    Refer to Government of Canada guidelines for your visa type for the documents you must provide
  • If you have paid Visa/Biometric fee online or purchased additional services online
    Printout of your receipt

BOLLENENI

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Chennai.Tamilnadu,India
Category........
Other
Hi Need an advice .we want to visit our son a PR ,Which will be ideal time to travel from India, Do they still have restrictions to enter Canada, how long it swill take for the whole visa process, which portal is easy to apply? Your reply is appreciated, we are senior citizens, have been postponingour travel since 2019,request someone to explain, Thanks in advance

japel

Dec 17, 2021
I just went the other day. Really all I needed was my passport.

They did want to see the appointment confirmation and bio payment confirmation (for reasons unknown, because they already have that information) - but those docs could be shown on your phone.

And there was some declaration that I completely forgot / ignored / didnt want to waste paper - but the nice lady upstairs gave it to me.

That's it.