+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bio-metric Letter

OSM

Jun 17, 2016
Hi, my question is about biometric letter. I have to do biometric collection. I applied for Canada visa 12 days ago but I do not know why I have not received any biometric instruction letter yet (referral letter). My application was confirmed. I even was charged for bio-metric test. I know that I have to go to a VAC place for fingerprint collection but I need a referral letter first. I have contacted the embassy but I did not get their response right now!

I would appreciate your help!

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Use this link to check if you need to do biometrics

knoxis

May 21, 2016
Be patient. It will come soon enough. You stated you submitted your application 12 days ago. That's not a lot of time, considering that most applications take many weeks to complete. The biometrics is one of the last stages in the study permit application, and as such you may have to wait a little longer for the referral letter.

Farko

Jan 26, 2016
No bro,biometrics is the first stage of the application.
Before they start processing ur application u must submit ur biometrics
Anyway if u applied online,the biometrics letter won't be sent to ur
Email,it will be in ur mycic account.
So maybe u have been checking ur email.
It will definately be in ur my cic account

OSM

Jun 17, 2016
Thank you everyone for your kind help. I actually applied as visitor to visit my husband who is student there. I need to take the biometric and I already pay the biometric fees.
I have checked my cic I just have the confirmation only. I even emailed cic but I did not get response right now I called them as well but they do answer the question about visa which is can be answered only by email they said. Now I am planning to cancel the application and apply again. But I do know how to cancel it, all what I understand about the application cancellation is to email cic only and wait to their response. If there is any way to ensure the cancellation process to be done in one day please I need your help guys, because I need to apply again soon.

Thanks in advance everybody

mammar

Jun 11, 2017
Thank you everyone for your kind help. I actually applied as visitor to visit my husband who is student there. I need to take the biometric and I already pay the biometric fees.
I have checked my cic I just have the confirmation only. I even emailed cic but I did not get response right now I called them as well but they do answer the question about visa which is can be answered only by email they said. Now I am planning to cancel the application and apply again. But I do know how to cancel it, all what I understand about the application cancellation is to email cic only and wait to their response. If there is any way to ensure the cancellation process to be done in one day please I need your help guys, because I need to apply again soon.

Thanks in advance everybody
Hi, I am in the same situation as you were. What did you end up doing? Thanks.

exd

Feb 5, 2016
Hi

I submitted my application yesterday and today i got email asking for biometrics. I am applying from Faroe Island (Denmark) but have no idea where should I go for biometric ? I think it is Germany, If that is the case then can anybody help me regarding further procedure i,e. how to contact embassy for biometric , do i have to take appointment or what ?