+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Binding/organizing/packaging your application?

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
How is/did everyone actually package up their application? I'm going to include a table of contents, but I want there to be some logical divide between different items. Can i paperclip each "packet" (individual forms, evidence packages, etc.) together and then paperclip/rubberband the whole thing together? Is it frowned upon to use any type of sticky-note tab or binder dividers to differentiate different parts of the application? I just want to make it easy for the officer to navigate, and not have it be a baffling ordeal, especially because it might be tough to identify where one piece of evidence ends and the other begins.

I was going to put the passport-style photos in an envelope with the sponsor/applicant name and birthdays written on the front, and place that in proper order per the checklist. Same with the 20 photos that are used for relationship evidence.

Thoughts?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
How is/did everyone actually package up their application? I'm going to include a table of contents, but I want there to be some logical divide between different items. Can i paperclip each "packet" (individual forms, evidence packages, etc.) together and then paperclip/rubberband the whole thing together? Is it frowned upon to use any type of sticky-note tab or binder dividers to differentiate different parts of the application? I just want to make it easy for the officer to navigate, and not have it be a baffling ordeal, especially because it might be tough to identify where one piece of evidence ends and the other begins.

I was going to put the passport-style photos in an envelope with the sponsor/applicant name and birthdays written on the front, and place that in proper order per the checklist. Same with the 20 photos that are used for relationship evidence.

Thoughts?
We arranged following the checklist and used paper clips for each part. I think it was something like
checklist, barcodes and application forms together as the first bundle,
then supporting documents for sponsor with a table of content second bundle,
supporting documents for PA third bundle with a table of content,
supporting documents for relationship with a table of content forth bundle.

Passport Photos had names and DOB at the back and were attached to imm 0008 with paper clips

We had relationship photos on A4 paper, clearly typed names of the people in them above each photo, and printed these, then wrote PA and Sponsor details on the back

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
We arranged following the checklist and used paper clips for each part. I think it was something like
checklist, barcodes and application forms together as the first bundle,
then supporting documents for sponsor with a table of content second bundle,
supporting documents for PA third bundle with a table of content,
supporting documents for relationship with a table of content forth bundle.

Passport Photos had names and DOB at the back and were attached to imm 0008 with paper clips

We had relationship photos on A4 paper, clearly typed names of the people in them above each photo, and printed these, then wrote PA and Sponsor details on the back
how long ago was that? I’ve seen some examples with packages divided into sponsor and applicant sections, but that seems to follow an older format.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
how long ago was that? I’ve seen some examples with packages divided into sponsor and applicant sections, but that seems to follow an older format.
just follow your checklist that's the formal format on how documents should be arranged. they are too many to be held by one singe paper clip hence why we divide, but also do this as per the checklist. In the end they all go into one envelop. No separate envelopes or folders

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
and its ok to use dividers, only we used the table of content for each part as dividers

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I originally sent my application with tabbed dividers and a table of contents. Also included paper clips, and some staples (on notary docs). The application was returned to me for one missing doc, but it was returned with no dividers, paper clips or staples - just a perfectly organized stack of loose papers. I added the missing document and resent it exactly as they returned it.

Pre-covid they must've been going through dozens of applications per week, and I imagine all our extra organizing tabs and tables of contents, etc., must be like the joker cards in a new pack of playing cards - open the package and exasperatedly sift out the unneeded bits.

Extra bits to get an application organized is fine, but absolutely not necessary.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I originally sent my application with tabbed dividers and a table of contents. Also included paper clips, and some staples (on notary docs). The application was returned to me for one missing doc, but it was returned with no dividers, paper clips or staples - just a perfectly organized stack of loose papers. I added the missing document and resent it exactly as they returned it.

Pre-covid they must've been going through dozens of applications per week, and I imagine all our extra organizing tabs and tables of contents, etc., must be like the joker cards in a new pack of playing cards - open the package and exasperatedly sift out the unneeded bits.

Extra bits to get an application organized is fine, but absolutely not necessary.
My sister in laws application was returned for missing a document that was actually there. So when we sent ours we added 3 table of contents: 1 for sponsor supporting documents, 1 for PA supporting documents and 1 for relationship supporting documents. We used 4 paper clips to hold everything together.

Reactions: mapple007