+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C6 - Official and verified facts!

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
A lot of friends who were anxiously waiting for Bill C-6 to pass, now worry that with 3/5 rule coming into force 'fall' of this year, there will be flood of applications which will effect the processing times.

Well this is true that there will be more applicants... but it is not necessary that the processing times take longer. The main reason is that the decision making process of citizenship grant does not changes and is more efficient.

Among other changes Bill C-24 also changed the decision making process from a 3-step decision making process to one-step, this process does not change with Bill C-6:

Three-step decision making process (Pre C-24)
Citizenship officer reviews, citizenship judge
makes decision, the citizenship officer makes
recommendation for grant or appeal of judge’s
decision

Single-step process (current process)
Where citizenship officer
makes decision. (Referred to citizen
ship judge in cases of not meeting residency requirement or resumption of citizenship)
(took effect after Bill C-24 ... on August 1, 2014)

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
more applications means more revenue and more officers, nothing to worry unless you want Canadian pass very badly and want to travel asap.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
for those complaining or who want to get citizenship in 4-8 months, Bill c6 is not for you and was intended for you, bill C6 was drafted to get rid of second class status. If you are mad apps will balloon because victims of c24 will apply once c6 effective this fall then you are just selfish brat and deserve to cry, just be happy for victims of bill c24 to get their justice.
Absolutely right! You called spade a spade! These madcap brats start whining when somebody even suggests that victims of bill c24 should get justice.....they just don't want to even discuss Bill C6 anymore.....
more applications means more revenue and more officers, nothing to worry unless you want Canadian pass very badly and want to travel asap.
You nailed it!

Reactions: subha_1962

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
I am not concerned about the bill number of course..
It is very difficult to sort out which factors had the greater impact.
......except in residency or presence cases next. Just my guess.
A lot of friends who were anxiously waiting for Bill C-6 to pass, now worry that with 3/5 rule coming into force 'fall' of this year,
I will try and provide point by point rejoinder once my month opening work gets over the week. So a quick response.
These are the gist of views expressed in this friendly forum:
  • Bullish - Things are going to get better
  • Bearish - Things are going get worse
  • Nothing to see here - Nothing is going to change, at least not substantially
All of these are, to a large extent, speculations. Bearish views tend to get flayed a lot more often than not...

Last edited:

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Sorry, seems that dpenabill and I posted something similar at the very same second, but his is much more in-depth.
The difference is NOT mere semantics.........................
Differences in minimum residency/presence........................................Differences in relevant time period........................................
Differences relative to time prior to becoming a PR........................................Differences in process itself:

You guys have focused on two variables:

• Judicial intervention
  • Residency obligations
Then you concluded that Bill C24 changed:
  • Judicial intervention variable in a way that favored the applicants in terms processing time:)
  • Residency obligations variable in way that was unfavorable to applicants in terms eligibility:(
Result: The first half the the people who affected by Bill C24 benefited, I am among them. It also benefited the long suffering Pre 24ers.:)
C24 also solved some acute systemic problems

We all agree Bill C6 changes:
  • Residency obligations variable in way that favors to applicants in terms eligibility:)
I add a third variable here: IRCC Capabilities

My argument is : The spirit (Not the letter) of Bill C6 and its tailwinds has already created an endemic problem for IRCC.

If you want to get a picture, look southwards, what a mess GC processing has become! Bill C6 and HM's 42 Canadian parliament will go down to history, we are going to talk a lot about it for a long time to come...

I will keep eye on the official and forum statistics and provide occasional feeds...

Last edited:

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Just one clarification: .......
One point you raised in another thread was that many PRs are not aware of Bill C6 and continue to believe that 4/6 rule is in place. I understand this argument; I was not aware of Bill C24 2.5 years ago, continued to believe that 3/5 was in place. Only when I visited CIC website to prepare my application did I realize that new rule in place. The pure PRs with no pre PR credit that belong to economic category tend to be a bit behind the curve!

Bill C6's target/focus groups are family, H & C, former Students of Canadian institutions, Former temp work permit holders, etc. These groups are generally well focused on immigration policy changes, and will quickly move as soon as 3/5 rule in in place. Not fact, but an educated guess...

Reactions: blueangel371115

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
One point you raised in another thread was that many PRs are not aware of Bill C6 and continue to believe that 4/6 rule is in place. I understand this argument; I was not aware of Bill C24 2.5 years ago, continued to believe that 3/5 was in place. Only when I visited CIC website to prepare my application did I realize that new rule in place. The pure PRs with no pre PR credit that belong to economic category tend to be a bit behind the curve!

Bill C6's target/focus groups are family, H & C, former Students of Canadian institutions, Former temp work permit holders, etc. These groups are generally well focused on immigration policy changes, and will quickly move as soon as 3/5 rule in in place. Not fact, but an educated guess...
Yeah there are many educated guesses to make. I mostly just wanted to point out that there is no significant similarity between the pre C-24 and the post C-6 situation.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If you want to get a picture, look southwards, what a mess GC processing has become! Bill C6 and HM's 42 Canadian parliament will go down to history, we are going to talk a lot about it for a long time to come...

I will keep eye on the official and forum statistics and provide occasional feeds...
As I just said, there are many educated guesses to make, but to try to deduce anything about how the Canadian administration handles something from how the American administration handles something at the moment is really pointless. The US immigration system has always been a whirlwind of uncertainty, and it's been getting worse for reasons I don't need to spell out. There is no valid comparison between the two systems processing times/processing policies.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I guess we should add to this thread that Minister Hussen is going to have a Live Facebook broadcast on Wednesday 4th October at 10am ET regarding "an important announcement on Bill C-6 Changes to the Citizenship Act". There is no further official information on what will be covered in the broadcast, but it can be followed by anyone on the CitCanada Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/posts/1828004383880316

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
The time they took to make this graphic and post this announcement on Facebook and Twitter about making an “important announcement” on Wednesday.... They could have used that time to post actual announcement that 3/5 and other provisions are effective this date .......

Don’t understand the logic of creating this drama :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
The time they took to make this graphic and post this announcement on Facebook and Twitter about making an “important announcement” on Wednesday.... They could have used that time to post actual announcement that 3/5 and other provisions are effective this date .......

This is one of the election promises of the liberal platform. Just like any big policy change it will be announced in a press conference because the government wants to show how they fulfil their platform. It's how it's always done.

Reactions: scorpio_g

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
I guess we should add to this thread that Minister Hussen is going to have a Live Facebook broadcast on Wednesday 4th October at 10am ET regarding "an important announcement on Bill C-6 Changes to the Citizenship Act". There is no further official information on what will be covered in the broadcast, but it can be followed by anyone on the CitCanada Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/CitCanada/posts/1828004383880316
Minister can announce dates of one or more of the following:
  • Revised language requirements
  • 3/5 rule
  • Pre-PR credit

They can't do anything without selfies, pouting, photobombing, cheerleaders, etc...