+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bigamy

CameliaNS

Oct 19, 2018
Good afternoon. I am living in Kuwait, I am married with an Egyptian man whit Canadian citizenship. We are married from 13 October 2009, our marriage is done in Egypt and he registered our marriage like Egyptian. This year, in 20 of February he got second marriage without divorce me (we are Muslims). This marriage he done in Kuwait, with a Kuwaity lady, and he registered second marriage like Canadian. I have them marriage certificate. Both of them know he is married. What can I do?
We have 2 daughters, 6 and 8 years old, and he try hardly to take my kids. In present he and this woman file 7 cases against me.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since Canada does not allow bigamy, and he married you first his second marriage is not valid and cannot be used.
However he can still use the clause that you are now separated and try to import his new wife as a common law (of course if he meets the requirements).
If however he declared her as a wife, then he committed misinterpretation (as he would have to divorce you first).

CameliaNS

Oct 19, 2018
Thank you for answer. Were I can report this situation? Were I can file case for bigamy? I am living in Kuwait,so I need to file case online.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for answer. Were I can report this situation? Were I can file case for bigamy? I am living in Kuwait,so I need to file case online.
1. Can you prove your husband has lived continuously with you since October 2009. A few weeks less is fine. The objective is to prove your husband has not been in a common-law relationship with the second 'wife'

2. As you have a copy of the second marriage certificate and photographs then you can send this evidence + a copy of your husband's passport + your marriage certificate + birth certificates of your children + a copy of the second 'wife's' passport (if you can get a copy of it, maybe if it was submitted for his marriage application) + an explanation..... and send these documents to CPC-Mississauga.

3. As for filing a case for bigamy, you would need to check whether a second marriage is permitted or not as per the laws of Kuwait between a Kuwaiti national and a foreign citizen (Muslim law as well)