+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big time confusion

Prits

Oct 3, 2009
Hello guys,

I am in Canada as a TFW (Cook) from the last 3 month but have 7 year of experience in NOC 6242 (cook) around the Globe.

My Question: As per ministrial instruction anybody belongs to list of 38 occupation (cooks belongs to this 38 occupation list) and have a atleast one year of continuous full time experience can file their PR under FSW program

I asked CIC call center about my situation and they say "NO" you are not eligible to file.

Can anyone suggest why I am not eligible.

thanks,

Prits

amirhasan12

Apr 7, 2009
u know the call centers right.........the ppl der dun know everything........i say call dem again and if u think u r eligible and ur category is der then apply cuz it wont harm u

Prits

Oct 3, 2009
yes, i recall them and they said "since you are TFW category 3 (TFW or international student residing in Canada for 12 month) applicable to you" which means I can't apply before completion of one year!

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
I think you can definitely apply under FSW as you have the occupation experience under NOC-38.

Give it a shot and see.

All the best

C Lad

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Call center is right, u r not eligible in FSW 3 as it requires you to be living in canada for at least 1 year at the time of filing.

however you can apply under FSW category 1 - this category is the one which referes to 38 occcupation list - u r eligible for this category.
so go ahead and apply under this category.

again i am taking ur words that cooks are part of 38 occupations list , i havent checked it myself to verify cook profession :)

Regards,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right, cooks are in the list of 38 and if you have enough points, there is no reason you can't apply right now. If you don't have enough points, you can complete 2 years of work and then apply under CEC or depending in the PNP in your province, you might be able to apply for PR through them with the support of your employer.

rchiemedes

Sep 28, 2009
go ahead with your application my friend.
we are on the same boat. TFW-cook. 8 months in canada,
1 yr cooking experience back home with/ formal culinary educ/training
APPROVED by CIO -55days to be exact.
there is no have in trying.
good luck