+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big mistake in Level of education

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,
After ITA i notice that i made a mistake in Level of education,
I'm a medical doctor but i choose doctor level of university (phd) and not master degree, professional degree need to practice.
So my score is not right..and need be down by 14 points, so i out of the pool.
Should i decline the invitation ? and if so can i update my application or start a new one?
Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
zshavit said:
Hi,
I'm a medical doctor but i choose doctor level of university (phd) and not master degree, professional degree need to practice.
Should i decline the invitation ? and if so can i update my application or start a new one?
Thanks
You can decline your invite, you will be back in the pool. Once you have declined the ITA you can update your EE profile, no need to create a new profile.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
This would be unintentional misrepresentation so I would suggest you better update the application and wait for the points to recalculate. You can decline ITA for now.

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
If i decline it now all info that i provide for the ITA will delete,
Can i print or save it before?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
zshavit said:
If i decline it now all info that i provide for the ITA will delete,
Can i print or save it before?
If you decline your ITA, all the information that you provided in your EE profile will remain intact.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zshavit said:
Hi,
Thanks
What is your plan when you come to Canada, do you have an alternate career?

Working as a medical doctor is extremely unlikely, hopefully you are aware of that.

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,
I want to check again if i did made a mistake,
I choose in education factor "University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level"
and detail for it:
ECA assessment results
Earned Doctorate Degree

My ECA report from the medical education credential:
Canadian Equivalency Established: Doctor of Medicine*

* Forthe purpose of this ECA Report, the MCC uses the term "equivalency" to mean "comparability" and considers these terms
synonymous. For both international and Canadian medical graduates, the medical degree is one of the educational credential
requirements recognized for practice in Canada, but on its own does not convey the ability to "practice" medicine in Canada.
Provincial or territorial medical regulatory authorities (MRAs) governing the practice of medicine require additional postgraduate
training and further assessments for all applicants before granting a licence to practice medicine in Canada.

I have another cartificate from the college of physicians and surgeons of ontario that said:
That "Dr____ is a member of the college and is authorized to engage in the practice of medicine subject to the condition prescribed for Postgraduate Education"

My question: did i choose correct by choosing "University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level" 140 points
Or that i need to change it to "Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession" 126 points

Thanks for your help!

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems you were able to get a license in ontario, that is great for you! How were you able to pull that off? Did you do more family medicine residency, or just get a license for rural?

Also, for the Express Entry, you MUST put professional degree, and NOT doctorate. An MD is not a PhD.

So yes, you WILL lose points, and you MUST decline an ITA if your points are below.

zshavit

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
The licence is part of the fellowship, i can't prractice without it.
i need to decline the ITA
So my degree don't worth much :)