+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big dilemma....Called for interview but having stable jobs in Netherlands

zweisimmen

Feb 15, 2012
All,

Im in a big dilemma as to what to do. My wife and I are Brazilian citizens working in Netherlands since 2 years now and both having stable jobs here. We had applied for the CSQ before we came here have recently been called for a CSQ interview.

Looking at my scenario for the long term, ASSUME we pass the interview and qualify, any recommendations on what to do? Here are my possible scenarios.

1. Move to Quebec. (Don't think this would be a good idea now)

2. Get the approval and tell them to hold the entry/landing period till a future time of need.

3. Get the approval and then hopefully IF and when I re-apply in the future, the fact that we qualified once would be considered in giving a 2nd approval faster.

4. Tell them before the interview that we don't want to process this further.

I would like to leverage this tentative approval for a possible future use, therefore any suggestions would be really welcome.

Thanks to All.
Marco

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
1. Move to Quebec ? You could go ahead with the process and move to Quebec to see if it's worth it. you could go back to the netherlands still if you don't like Quebec,that way you'll be able to keep PR status for use in the future if you adhere to the residency requirements
2. Get the approval and tell them to hold the entry /landing period till a future time of need ? I don't think that is possible ,may be experts on this forum will advise otherwise.

3. Get the approval and then hopefully IF and when I re-apply in the future, the fact that we qualified once would be considered in giving a 2nd approval faster ? I don't think so ,each application is assessed on its own merit . you might not meet the requirements in the future.

4.Tell them before the interview that we don't want to process this further? That can be done it is the same as withdrawing the application,people do it every day

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2. They will not hold or extend the landing/entry date for a future time. You must land by the time indicated on your visa.
3. The 2nd approval will not be faster.

Good luck in making a decision.