+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIG CONFUSION !!!! WORK EXPERIENCE ?

kartikbhatia

Jan 20, 2017
HI ALL

I am basically from Pakistan and I went to UK on student visa where I worked as part time 20 hours for almost 4+ years in NOC B job

please tell me is that acceptable for EE ?

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
work experience gained in Canada while on student visa does not count. Not sure about other countries.

I also worked during my studies in UK, but it was full time and I wasnt on a visa, I am from EU.

Curious to hear what others will say!!

kartikbhatia

Jan 20, 2017
MissJustice said:
work experience gained in Canada while on student visa does not count. Not sure about other countries.

I also worked during my studies in UK, but it was full time and I wasnt on a visa, I am from EU.

Curious to hear what others will say!!

Yes exactly thats what it makes sense to me.. if u are on student visa in canada and you work as part time then that work is not acceptable, For rest of countries this rule does not apply.

lets see what other people say

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC says internships and coop that were part of your education program never count as skilled work experience.

Work experience while studying full time in Canada does not count for CEC only.

So, if your work experience was not related to your education program, then you can earn points for it.

Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?

No. Co-op terms and apprenticeships completed before graduating do not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational program.

The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kartikbhatia said:
Yes exactly thats what it makes sense to me.. if u are on student visa in canada and you work as part time then that work is not acceptable, For rest of countries this rule does not apply.
You are right. Ignore the other posters.

Don't forget foreign experience has to be continuous. If it's 20 hrs/week, you must have worked at least 1.5 years without gap to meet the FSW work experience requirement.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If the OP is under FSW, it's allowed

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
kartikbhatia said:
HI ALL

I am basically from Pakistan and I went to UK on student visa where I worked as part time 20 hours for almost 4+ years in NOC B job

please tell me is that acceptable for EE ?

First of all, your need at least 12 months of full-time work experience or equivalent amount in part-time in the a specific NOC to be eligible for EE and this seems to be true in your case.

I have had this discussion with others before so I am just going to summarize my finding:

Does work experience gained during study counts toward EE eligibility? Well it depends on a few factors:

• In Canada: If you gain your experience on a study permit only (not holding a work permit at the same time) it does not work. However, if you your work experience was a full-time co-op or internship during your studies, it does count toward FSW category given you worked full-time for at least 12 months. The catch here is that for do co-op or internship, one has to receive a work permit and pay taxes therefore it can be used for EE. I know at least one person on this forum who got his PR by including his canadian internship toward his work experience requirement
  • Outside Canada: I have heard from many that the work experience gained during studies outside Canada counts given the requirement for the NOC is met (see below).

Another factor is the requirements for a NOC number which needs to be met. For example, some NOCs specifically require that you had obtained a diploma or a university level degree before you gained your work experience but other may require just a few years of highschool or college.

So say you worked full time in a company continuously in NOC XXXX during your undergrad studies for a cumulative of at least 12 months full-time ( or equivalent in pert-time) but this NOC requires you to have a bachelor degree as a requirement, then your work experience may be rejected at EE stage or later by an immigration agent when processing your PR application.

Hope I could help!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure? If work related to education doesn't count ?
As others have said, if the work (coop, internship, or regular employment) was performed under a study permit in Canada, then it can only count for FSW. If the work is under work permit in Canada, then count it under CEC or FSW.

Working during studies in Canada never counts under CEC unless you also have a work permit. See the links posted earlier.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
As others have said, if the work (coop, internship, or regular employment) was performed under a study permit in Canada, then it can only count for FSW. If the work is under work permit in Canada, then count it under CEC or FSW.

Working during studies in Canada never counts under CEC unless you also have a work permit. See the links posted earlier.
Hi,
I am in CANADA and father is making a gift deed for my pof and he is INDIA, is it mandatory for me to sign the gift deed as I am here.What are my options. Please help its urgent

S

sutyfornow

How about if the experience is part of the education outside canada applying for fsw outland.. will it count?

S

sutyfornow

Yes, any foreign work experience (studying or not) counts toward FSW.
Im really confused bec while filling my Fsw account. It mentions work that is related to or during apprenticeship process doesn't count.
Im wondering whther here they also mean for fsw