+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bi-weekly work hours for Letter of Employment??

Emily98

Feb 17, 2021
Hi guys,
I am currently working full time as a nurse in canada and I have recieved my iTa last week. I have a question regarding my employment work letter. My work schedule is 4 days on and 4 days off. In my employment letter, the hospital said 75 hrs biweekly. I asked them to write down weekly but they say they can’t because of my job schedule. Have any of you guys encountered a situation like this and what did you do? Pls let me know because I intend to submit my T4 as well as my paysub as an additional document but I am not sure if that is enough.

Thank you guys!!!!

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I have not experienced this first hand, but you can add a letter of explanation detailing your situation. That if you divide your bi-weekly hours to weekly, it’s still 30+ hours and is considered full time by IRCC.

Emily98

Feb 17, 2021
I have not experienced this first hand, but you can add a letter of explanation detailing your situation. That if you divide your bi-weekly hours to weekly, it’s still 30+ hours and is considered full time by IRCC.
Hi! Thank you for your reply! I’m not sure how to write it in the LOE because if the schedule is 4 days, 4 days off, there are time where one week I work more than 30 hrs and the week after that is only 23 hrs something. It occasionally happens. Do I have to calculate my whole one year schedule hours again just because of that?

Also, if you dont mind, I started as part time/casual for a period of 4 months, and then they move me to temporary fulltime for 6 months and then permanent fulltime. During that part time, most of the weeks I work more than 30 hrs. But in my employment letter, they dont write down the average hour I work per week during partime. They just say I have worked xxx hours of part-time (which they count both the part time hours and temporary fulltime hours). In this case, how do I prove to the officer that even tho I work part time, I still technically have enough hours? Do I need to send them my work schedule in addition to the payslip and T4

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hm, if you put it that way. Try calculating your hours per week — Sunday to Saturday. Because you said there are cases where you work less than 30 hours. For the weeks exceeding 30 hours, count it as 30 and for weeks working less than 30 hours, count the actual hours. And see if you’re still coming up at 1560 hours in 52 + weeks for one year of work experience.

Attaching a detailed calculation wouldn’t hurt. It would make the officer’s review easier, i think.