Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Physical Presence Days: 1122.5
Application: Single/Family(number of family members): Single
Application sent: 29th August 2023
Delivered:
AOR: 12th October 2023
Tracker Created: 14th October 2023
Test: November 7th (tracker yet to be updated)
Background & LPP: Still in progress,

Had a ghost update on November 7th though.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
And also, the updates on the tracker happen only in the mornings right?? We might get emails in the daytime but the updates to tracker only happen in the mornings rght??

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
it is so frustrating when you see most applications are keep going pretty well, while ours are stuck for unknown reason. I submitted my application July 29th and my test completed on October 6th, and nothing since then! My processing office is Mississauga!
Did you call them??

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
Hey all, I wanted to share the experience of my wife so far. We both applied separately on same date but her case is lagging behind.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: August 13th, 2023
AOR: September 18th
BG Complete: September 28th
Test Invite:
September 27th
Test: October 23rd
Test Complete: October 25th

I know this timeline may seem normal but its not for Montreal office. I applied on the same day as my wife and my oath is scheduled next week. I am starting to feel scared looking at all your cases.
my husband applied 2 months later than me but his BG check is completed first before getting invited for test, like the other normal applications.

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
Did you call them??
I called them once but I asked about the BG check not specifically security and criminality and the agent did not mention anything about that, either. He just said I should wait. I am not sure if it is a good idea to call again and ask about security and criminality.

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Here's my info:
Type
: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Single
Application sent: August 25, 2023
Delivered: August 25, 2023
AOR: Oct 12, 2023
Test invite: Oct 25 (Oct 27- Nov 16)
Test taken: Oct 27 (15/20)
Test completed: Oct 31
LPP & BG in progress

I believe we all are stuck for another 18 months, lol. I have been watching other threads with similar situation. No one has has received any resolution yet.
What’s your processing office??

somcan18

Sep 18, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1122.5
Application: Single/Family(number of family members): Single
Application sent: 9 april 2023
AOR: 5th may 2023

Test: Jun 26 completed
Background : completed on June 26
LPP still in progress. We filed a family application at the same time, and my partner had already taken an oath. Any idea why I am stuck and what I should do?

zaina02

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
So I called IRCC, they said security screening has been completed but criminality is still in progress.
Does that take a long time?? I have completed my test but background verification is still in progress.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Hi all - I just called IRCC. They said they received my finger prints , it’s not reflected in the tracker. How long until Background verification turns green ? I already passed security check btw. Thanks

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
There are three forms of clearance, but I believe background checks are tied to security and criminality; therefore, I assume your problem is related to the "online tracker"; it happens sometimes.

So if security clearance is valid for 4 years, shouldn’t it be valid if PR was within that time? I’m sure they did a security check before PR.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
So if security clearance is valid for 4 years, shouldn’t it be valid if PR was within that time? I’m sure they did a security check before PR.
I'm not sure if they can use the same security check for PR. As indicated in the letter, it states that CPS-S initiates all clearances, suggesting that this is a new clearance process.