+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Check Status

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I have the same problem, and my AOR is April 20th, passed the medical exams on June 20, and from then - nothing.
Do any of you guys know what this means?

Application/profile details:
Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
You passed the medical exam. Jun-20-2017
Review of additional documents:
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Sadly you are in IP1, its not normal, i suggest you call them and ask for specific information like, has your criminality been done? Or R10? Or eligibility etc? This might shed some light on the situation.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Sadly you are in IP1, its not normal, i suggest you call them and ask for specific information like, has your criminality been done? Or R10? Or eligibility etc? This might shed some light on the situation.
hhmmm...I don't know really what questions to ask, and what to do with the answers. Could I ask for some guidance from you?

I think the only possible explanation is that since I was in the army (IDF, 3 years mandatory service, infantry) maybe that's a thing for them to check for a long time... no Idea.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
hhmmm...I don't know really what questions to ask, and what to do with the answers. Could I ask for some guidance from you?

I think the only possible explanation is that since I was in the army (IDF, 3 years mandatory service, infantry) maybe that's a thing for them to check for a long time... no Idea.
Yes that could be very well be a reason. Call them and ask for your "application status", most likely they will give you a vague answer, be very humble, kind and polite, ask specifically then, "has my criminality check being done or passes?" Is my eligibilty check done or passed? etc. this will help you get some specific answers if you get a nice agent, some are bit reluctant but eventually will give some information.

Vikram6390

Jul 20, 2017
Hi All,

This is my current status

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility:
You passed the medical exam. Jul-25-2017
The additional documents you provided are being uploaded.
Interview:
Biometrics:
Background check:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can anybody confirm this status is IP1 or 'Not Started" and also let me know the approximate PPR date based on their experience for my profile

Many thanks!
This is ip1.. But no one can gaurantee you about the time period.. Every case is unique..

Vikram6390

Jul 20, 2017
I have the same problem, and my AOR is April 20th, passed the medical exams on June 20, and from then - nothing.
Do any of you guys know what this means?

Application status:
Review of eligibility:
You passed the medical exam. Jun-20-2017
The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview:
Biometrics:
Background check:
Final decision:
Hi
I have almost the same status like u and with the same time period.. Nothing has been changed in my bgc since last 3 months.. Probably its about their processing time depending upon file to file..

ajay101

May 4, 2017
Hi Kiran,

My additional document status changes as below. i had provided 2 additional documents a month back.

any idea on this.

The additional documents you provided are being reviewed

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I had received ITA on 31 May.
Submitted documents and made payment on 2nd Aug.
Medical Passed on 18 Aug.
BGC status changed from 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' to 'Not applicable' on 22 Aug.

ajay101

May 4, 2017
okay so you are in IP1, its normal, IP1 takes 14 days to be done. Most likely your R10 is going on. Maybe they picked up your file very late and hence the slow updates, but from now on everything will go on smoothly.
Hi Kiran,

My additional document status changes as below. i had provided 2 additional documents a month back.

any idea on this.

ajay101

May 4, 2017
Can't say anything till your BGC changes from IP1 to NA2, but maybe in 50-60 days hopefully even sooner if your are lucky:)
Hi Kiran,

any idea on this.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
Yes that could be very well be a reason. Call them and ask for your "application status", most likely they will give you a vague answer, be very humble, kind and polite, ask specifically then, "has my criminality check being done or passes?" Is my eligibilty check done or passed? etc. this will help you get some specific answers if you get a nice agent, some are bit reluctant but eventually will give some information.

Well they answered my e-mail and looks like my file is still in Ottawa ("Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline..."), any idea what this means?

Alireza_njm

Oct 22, 2017
Dear all,
Would you please guide me about my current status in work permit application? I want to know what exactly is being evaluated now? and what will be next stage?

My application status is as follows:
- Application status:
- Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
- Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
- Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
- Biometrics: Completed.
- Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
- Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

and My Timeline:
Submission Confirmation: Nov 19, 2017
Biometrics Collection Letter: Nov 20, 2017
Police Certificate Request: Nov 24, 2017
Giving Biometrics: Dec 4, 2017
Uploading Police Certificate: Dec 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your advice.