+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Check is the final step OR first step of the entire process under EE???

UK2C

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Hi guys,

I found there were different waiting time from 1st AOR to BG check (2 weeks to 3 months), so during this period, does CIC check the eligibility and the supporting documents first, and then BG check is the final step? If not, why the different waiting time (2 weeks to 3 months) of each application if BG check is the first step? Seniors, please advise...

BTW, in terms of FSW and CEC in 2014, BG check is final step of the whole application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: BG Check is the final step OR first step of the whole application under EE???

UK2C said:
Hi guys,

I found there were different waiting time from 1st AOR to BG check (2 weeks to 3 months), so during this period, does CIC check the eligibility and the supporting documents first, and then BG check is the final step? If not, why the different waiting time (2 weeks to 3 months) of each application if BG check is the first step? Seniors, please advise...

BTW, in terms of FSW and CEC in 2014, BG check is final step of the whole application.
Background verification is the final and probably the longest step of the entire process in close competition with determining and verifying program eligibility. But that appears to conclude earlier than background verification. ECAS is a more reliable indicator of progress than CIC at some points in time.

ECAS status have reportedly followed this pattern.

1. In Progress - Application deemed complete and uploaded on GCMS, process of determining program eligibility kicks off.

2. Application Received - Medicals passed. Program eligibility continues. Background verification kicks off.

3. In Process - Program eligibility confirmed. Background verification continues.

4. Decision Made - Background verification deemed complete. PPR issued.

So far under EE, applicants have had widely different experiences hence there isn't any consensus on the broad timelines for each step in the process. These are early days and CIC hasn't published timelines or process flowchart yet so all anyone can do is speculate based on personal experiences shared by members in the forum.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: BG Check is the final step OR first step of the whole application under EE???

to add to what has already been said, there does seem to be a different process for those applying outside of Canada and those applying inside. Those already in Canada the MYCIC seems to be updated more regularly, those outside, their ECAS seems to be updated more regularly. Don't ask me why, this is just speculation based on people's experiences and where they're applying from.

UK2C

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015

Asivad Anac said:
Background verification is the final and probably the longest step of the entire process in close competition with determining and verifying program eligibility. But that appears to conclude earlier than background verification. ECAS is a more reliable indicator of progress than CIC at some points in time.

1. In Progress - Application deemed complete and uploaded on GCMS, process of determining program eligibility kicks off.

2. Application Received - Medicals passed. Program eligibility continues. Background verification kicks off.

3. In Process - Program eligibility confirmed. Background verification continues.

So far under EE, applicants have had widely different experiences hence there isn't any consensus on the broad timelines for each step in the process. These are early days and CIC hasn't published timelines or process flowchart yet so all anyone can do is speculate based on personal experiences shared by members in the forum.
Many thanks for your valuable sharing...it does really make sense based on ECAS and I am still waiting for the change from "Application Received " to "In process"...

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015

Asivad Anac said:

Hi Asivad,

Since you're voted most helpful around here, I had a question for you..

I submitted my application on June 17th, and I still have no access to ECAS,
my CIC has medicals passed and BG check in progress (since jul 2).. Any ideas whats going on with my ECAS?

Much appreciated :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

wifedoctor said:
Hi Asivad,

Since you're voted most helpful around here, I had a question for you..

I submitted my application on June 17th, and I still have no access to ECAS,
my CIC has medicals passed and BG check in progress (since jul 2).. Any ideas whats going on with my ECAS?

Much appreciated :)
Surprising that you haven't got access even with medicals passed! Did you have an FSW 2014 application as well? Sometimes that can cause some confusion.

If you're getting an error message, try logging into ECAS on another computer or use another browser.

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
No previous application,

I tried a different computer and browser, I still get:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. "

I am using the EXXXXX number, under application number..

Weird :/

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wifedoctor said:
No previous application,

I tried a different computer and browser, I still get:
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. "

I am using the EXXXXX number, under application number..

Weird :/
I tried fiddling around with my ECAS and I get that error if I incorrectly input

1. EE number - should be EXXXXXXXXX (E followed by 9 digits)

2. Identification type - should be Application number/Case number

3. Surname/family name - be mindful of spelling errors and input every bit of your name except our First Name (input both middle and last name)

4. DOB - The format is DD-MM-YYYY

5. Place of birth - obvious

I'm sure you have done all of that correctly but just wanted to lay them out here.